New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    My honda jazz won’t start. The last time I used the car was 1 day ago (Thursday, today is saturday) At first the whole car died (It wouldn’t start), there was totally no electricity. I tried checking if I left the light or the aircon or the wiper open, everything was turned off. Although I am not 100percent sure about the front wiper. (The Jazz does this beeping thing if you leave at least one thing on after you kill the engine) The last time I used the car (The day before yesterday) there was no beeping sound.

We tried to jump start the car, the windows worked and the lights turned on, the engine did a little coughing but the engine didn’t start. My dad said I must have done something wrong. The car was probably ‘electrically grounded’ or ‘may lumuwag’. The car is only 1 year old. I did not drive the car through any floods nor did I encounter any accident.

Once, while I was parking I ‘fell’ or ‘parang nalubak’. The parking lot had an uneven ground (there were rocks and cemented parts) I accidentally went up the cemented part (which was relatively low) and I slowly gas-ed forward but the jazz fell ofF the cemented part towards the rocky part, and the underside of the car hit the cemented part. (Does this make sense???) There was a ‘thud’ but it was not abnormally strong, almost normal whenever you encounter a ‘lubak’. Could this be the cause of the problem?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check the battery terminals. They may have come loose. Have them re-clamped just to make sure there is good contact between the battery posts and clamps.

There might be a possibility of a bad alternator. Disconnect the terminals to the alternator. Then with a charged battery, try starting the car again. If it starts, then you have a bad or shorted alternator. The engine will run as long as the charge in the battery holds out. You can drive the car to the service shop or casa but avoid using too much electricity, so no aircon.

If it still doesn't work....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    You said its only a year old. Bring it to the casa and claim warranty.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex DS View Post
    My honda jazz won’t start. The last time I used the car was 1 day ago (Thursday, today is saturday) At first the whole car died (It wouldn’t start), there was totally no electricity. I tried checking if I left the light or the aircon or the wiper open, everything was turned off. Although I am not 100percent sure about the front wiper. (The Jazz does this beeping thing if you leave at least one thing on after you kill the engine) The last time I used the car (The day before yesterday) there was no beeping sound.

We tried to jump start the car, the windows worked and the lights turned on, the engine did a little coughing but the engine didn’t start. My dad said I must have done something wrong. The car was probably ‘electrically grounded’ or ‘may lumuwag’. The car is only 1 year old. I did not drive the car through any floods nor did I encounter any accident.

Once, while I was parking I ‘fell’ or ‘parang nalubak’. The parking lot had an uneven ground (there were rocks and cemented parts) I accidentally went up the cemented part (which was relatively low) and I slowly gas-ed forward but the jazz fell ofF the cemented part towards the rocky part, and the underside of the car hit the cemented part. (Does this make sense???) There was a ‘thud’ but it was not abnormally strong, almost normal whenever you encounter a ‘lubak’. Could this be the cause of the problem?
    sir musta na unit mo? na-encounter ko rin kasi ito. 1 year pa rin lang din ung unit ko

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    mga sir i have the same prob every now and then...
    there are times that the car won't start when in park + brakes. usually alam ko na kapag hindi mag start kasi hindi ko maapakan yung brakes ng sagad kaya hindi nag start, kailangan ko pa minsan alisin hand brake then galaw galaw yung manibela para lumambot yung brakes then sabay turn ng key to start the engine. what do you think is the cause of this?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    automatic or manual?

nangyari na sa akin yan once. (cvt unit)

ginawa ko lang ay ganito:

pasok susi. isang twist (accessories)
    apak sa break. P - R - N - D - S - L - S - D - N - R - P (<-- sa transmission yan).
    start.

nag start na after, wierd.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    automatic or manual?

nangyari na sa akin yan once. (cvt unit)

ginawa ko lang ay ganito:

pasok susi. isang twist (accessories)
    apak sa break. P - R - N - D - S - L - S - D - N - R - P (<-- sa transmission yan).
    start.

nag start na after, wierd.
    automatic po.
    feeling ko yung pwesto ata ng sasakyan or sumthing.. kasi yung break hindi ko ma full step, half step lang at mejo matigas. diba need mo naka break + park then pasok susi + twist sa start to start the engine. ewan ko.... siguro 5x na nangyari sakin. i'll try the "transmission technique" kapag nangyari ulit. thanks for the info.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    my jazz is just turning 3 months this end of december and now it wont start. i think the battery is dead.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    My 10 month old all-stock 2013 jazz 1.5V wouldn't start today too. I jump started it using a Nissan Sentra + jumper cables, then I took it to Honda Shaw.

As of this posting, I found out I have 2 other friends that encountered Jazz 1.5V dead battery problems too! Both of them below 1 year old yung car when it happened. According to other horror stories in this thread, apparently hindi lang pala sa amin nangyayari ito.

Honda Shaw said they will check electrical system (if the electricity consumption is excessive due to defective parts), or if it's the battery. Most likely it's the battery sabi ni Franco of Honda Shaw. I'll get the replacement tomorrow if that's the case.

Good news is that it's all under warranty and I don't have to pay a cent.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Mukhang another issue na naman ito ng lemon car from Honda Cars ah. Hindi kaya ang reason dito sa issue na ito eh katulad nung defective AC Delco battery. Try nyo din check mga connecting point ng wires sa battery terminals. Most of the time na hindi nagsstart yung car kahit bago battery is loose connection lang naman or busted fuse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
My Honda Jazz won't start