New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I need help. I have a 1991 Toyota Corolla with 2E engine. There are times when the car has been shut-off for more than 6 hours it would be very difficult for it to achieve fire. The starter do cranks the engine but does not fire it. I have just replaced the distributor from a contact point assy into a Cdi assy (surplus). The supply of electricity I think in the engine is quite good and the spark plugs has been replaced not more than six months ago. This has been a real problem to me, when I let the mechanic check it, sad to say that the car would fire good and run good, but nonetheless of most of the time it doesnt.

if there is anyone who could help, I'll be glad to hear from you.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    boss baka po patay na yung battery nyo???

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    sir my battery has just been replaced not more than six months ago.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    have the carb checked. pati narin yung mechanical fuel pump.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    sir speedyfix yun din yung hypothesis ko with this problem. In checking the CARB is it advicesable to have the CARB ovehauled or just spray a CARB Cleaner? I'm planning to have my fuel tank cleaned up and fuel lines cleaned, would this be a wise move for now?

How can we usually know that the mechanical fuel pump is damaged?

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rmora View Post
    sir speedyfix yun din yung hypothesis ko with this problem. In checking the CARB is it advicesable to have the CARB ovehauled or just spray a CARB Cleaner? I'm planning to have my fuel tank cleaned up and fuel lines cleaned, would this be a wise move for now?

How can we usually know that the mechanical fuel pump is damaged?
    Sounds like clog in your fuel line. Check or replace your fuel filter.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    patingnan mo na sa mga experts like speedyfix or to your suking mekaniko. ganyan din ako before i tried to fix it by myself pero di naman ako mekaniko ayun nahirapan na ako pero sa suking mekaniko pa din ang basak ko..kaya pag ginagawa ang car ko lagi ako naka bantay para sa susunod na me trouble ulit meron na ako idea.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    check mo fuel filter,and pa check mo din Battery baka naman di maganda charging ng alternator

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Eto naman ang comments ko:

Gas and kuryente lang naman ang basic niyan.. in your case mukha ngang fuel issue yan.

To test the fuel pump, I unplug the hose connecting it sa carb and start the engine... the fuel should come out of the pump.

Kung walang lumalabas, malamang barado ang line ng fuel (tank, linya or just the filter) or may sira na ang pump nito... maaring absuelto na ang carb.

Kung merun naman lumalabas, pedeng carb nga. DO NOT OPEN THE CARB IMMEDIATELY, it is usually fail safe... it is one of the last thing that would konk out.

Try to drain the "baso" or fuel reservoir ng carb...merun itong drain nut sa gilid or ibaba... baka merun tubig or dumi.

Hindi dapat yung magkakadumi dahil maraming filter na nadaanan (including one bago pumasok sa reservoir). Kung merun itong dumi... consider the carb overhaul.

Kung walang dumi at tubig, then try "cleaning" the intake port with a carb cleaner. Kaso it is best to clean it with a carb cleaner if the engine is running and not if you can't even start the engine.

In my experience:

Kung merun dumi (like rust) ang tanke mo, merun ka dapat "intermitent" case na bigla kang mamamatayan ng engine while tumatakbo ka... as in bigla ka na lang ititirik ng walang babala. Reason dyan ay dahil bumabara yung dumi sa linya ng tank, so walang fuel na makapasok.

Kung sira naman ang pump, mahina ang labas ng fuel after the fuel tank. Even mechanical pump will have a rated "liters of fuel pumped per minute". Usually nasa service repair manual ng oto yun.

Kung madumi at barado ang fuel filter mo naman, mas obvious ito kasi madumi ang loob ng filter (kita mo ito kung ang filter mo ay yung transparent plastic)... unfortunately kung ang filter mo ay yung bakal, hindi mo ito mapapansin.

Kung barado ang Jet or may dumi sa loob ng carb mo, mapapansin mo na walang lumalabas or mahina ang labas ng fuel dun sa intake port ng carb (kailangan mong buksan ang ibabaw at alisin ang air filter to see this)... kahit na bombahin mo pa ang silinyador.

HTH

My Car Wont Start