New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hi there!

my apologies if i break ANY rules in this forum, after posting this one. for that i am sorry.

as you can see. i currently owned a lancer/gsr 2001 INVECS II ...

i want to make my little baby to improve her performance. maybe not a super duper drag racing or hard core racer. just for a street racing(?)

currently these what i already did ...

got my self a
    1. INTAKE FILTER (SIMOTA?)
    2. HEADERS 4 to 1
    3. STRAIGHT PIPE (forgot the diameter)
    4. MUFFLER

====

i plan to get a new set of spark plugs (splitfire or iridium), high tension wires, and get my engine port and polished ...

====

can someone comment on these ... please ...
    is it worth it?
    what else do you suggest? definitely i am not going to get a turbo or something, or a new engine or a new set of camshaft ... i am not a hardcore racer.

thank you peeps. see you soon!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    complete na pala stage 1 mo. since ayaw mo ng turbo next is same pa rin pero paltan mo ng expensive branded "performance" parts.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    From what i read, those fancy spark plugs doesn't do anything to increase power. They may be just good because they last a bit longer than OEM, but i prefer a new OEM plug and change it according to manufacturer's recommendation rather than use fancy plug and use it in extended periods.

As for future upgrades, here's my suggestions:
    1. bigger rims and stickier tires (the V, W, Z or Y rated) - improves handling
    2. hi performance brake pads (get something with low brake dust to keep your rims cleaner)
    3. hi performance rotors (and calipers if you have enough money)
    4. short shifter kit (if you decrease shift travel, which will make you shift even for half a second faster, that would decrease up your time and thats like adding HP to your engine)
    5. im not sure about your car but check if you can "chip" it...its the best bang for your buck

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dont encourage street race, but what you did is good enough in making your stock ride run faster and doing further step would only require you spending too much on a small power increase (which is not worth the effort and money anyway).

Instead why not just pimp your ride....aesthetics....a good set of shoes 17-18" rims perhaps, a paint job, a modified front and rear bumbers and side skirts, a lamborgini-style-door opener, a not too ricey "wings", lowering springs, monster tach with shift light, a good sound and sight set-up.

just my 2 cents.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    two things

First forget the Iridium plugs, with your set-up it's a waste of money, you won't gain anything from that.

Second, ingat lang sa port and polish, kapag di maganda ang gawa nyan, you will definitely lose power.

Although you don't want to go force induction (re turbo), I still suggest that you go for turbo if you want power, having turbo doesn't necessarily mean you will race or
    it's already hardcore or something like that, pwede din naman pang daily driver ang force induced car.

my 2 cents.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    congrats on your ride post a pic pare para naman we can all drool he..he

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, custom turbo nalang and run it on low boost for your daily driving. crank up the psi if you feel the need lang. ingat lang sa high boost on stock internals, you might say bye-bye to your engine.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Street racing is a big no-no...

The GSR really looks good on 17"s, even without lowering, but lowering won't hurt either.

Engine swap na yan if you're going to race. Otherwise, keep it stock.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    how can i post a picture?

thanks people. really helped.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    by the way. where can i get my car port and polished?

My Baby LANCER GSR 2001: 4G92 SOHC