New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ganun talaga kapag nag-lock up, minsan pipitik yung manibela ng full turn.

I've tried it, it's not fun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hydroplaned. Worn down / damaged snow tires + rain = dangerous. Even on regular tires, if you hit a puddle as you change lane, it'll jerk your steering to the side.

Nabasa ko ito kagabi, gusto ko sanang mag-reply, pero wala akong internet sa bagong apartment (third move in two months... grabe talaga buhay na ito...)

Shucks, you should've changed the tires after you bought the car... well, at least now you know. Good thing you weren't hurt. Habang nasa shop yan, shopping ka na ng tires.

To those who aren't familiar with GearSpeed's ride, it's a secondhand Japanese EK Civic Hatch, which is why it was on Snow Tires.

-----

Interesting note on the Kenneth Quintal connection: My brother drives along that portion of the Skyway very very often (for the past two years), and he says that for the past few months, that area has become very scary... in fact, he slows down to only 70 km/h when he's driving the Crosswind there, even when it's dry, because the uneven surface and dips scare him. And it's damn dangerous when it rains. I suppose K.Q. wasn't really familiar with the area.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Thanks I also called carlocaraddict but I was already at SM southmall at that time.
    My friends said to me that good thing you know what to do that we hit the exalta if we didn't hit any car at that time we might hit the railings on the right side of the road and possibly fell on the river side.
    My other friend wanted to hand brake my ek hatch during that time good thing he didn't do it.
    I think its not just because of the snow tires but because there's something wrong with the steering wheel.
    I noticed it when the steering wheel was turning to the right like their is no stopping the steering wheel(walang sagad).
    Medyo mayabang lang yung driver nung naka exalta pero dun sa Julie's Motorshop biglang bait sa amin.
    I already told my dad a couple of times to change the tires kahit ES100 lang but he just keeps forgetting it and ignoring it.I even told my dad that good thing I was still alive.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    sorry to hear...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    thanks mbeige for confirming my theory. though not all drivers in the philippines are aware of these.

GS, have your steering system checked. i can send you a service manual for EK,in case you don't have one. just PM me. ok?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed View Post
    I think its not just because of the snow tires but because there's something wrong with the steering wheel.
    I noticed it when the steering wheel was turning to the right like their is no stopping the steering wheel(walang sagad).
    You were driving the converted (RHD to LHD) EK HB right?

From his narration, the steering wheel snapped to the right when he was turning it to the left. If the car hydroplaned it would just have gone straight or to the left.

Well... another +1 on why to stay away from converted surplus vehicles if you aren't 100% confident in the conversion process.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    thanks mbeige for confirming my theory. though not all drivers in the philippines are aware of these.

GS, have your steering system checked. i can send you a service manual for EK,in case you don't have one. just PM me. ok?
    Here in the US, that fact is stated in the manual when I took my exams to get licensed. It pays to know

But that's the sad truth, not a good number know about this and continue driving as if nothing happened. Even worse, the roads there are much dirtier than they are here, kaya mas malala yung effects.

I'm glad that was all that GS received, and nothing more. It definitely could have been worse. My dad told me he will never get one of those conversions, very unsafe. Kung nagtitipid yung seller by putting snow tires on it, who knows what else can go wrong with the car.
    Last edited by mbeige; November 9th, 2006 at 06:03 PM.

may other factors to consider...not just find the fault to be that is converted....

parang hinusgahan mo na agad w/o due process.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Locked tires. I've seen cars go off in other directions when that happens. I personally experienced it coming up an I-640 ramp at over 80mph... that Altima went 90 degrees on the turn...I just took my foot off the brake and turned then braked again to gain control. My officemate first time on a Kia sedan though wasn't so lucky (different incident)... he was behind me, I turned left to go down the hill near our apartments... he tried the same, but he plowed into the corner dead straight into the signboard of the subdivisions there... broke an axel off that budget rental car too. Ouch, cost in $3k damage too.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    may other factors to consider...not just find the fault to be that is converted....

parang hinusgahan mo na agad w/o due process.
    So... what's the difference from blaming it on snow tires and me blaming the conversion process? Why attack my converted theory while you are theorizing in another post that it is because of the snow tires?

The owner already said that the steering is already experiencing some problems (the turn to the right is infinite) right?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
My Accident at Costal rd.