New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ^^^ Ang nakita ko lang kasing snowtires eh yung wrapped in chains.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually m+s (mud and snow) ang rating ng tires, well all terrain AT tires for the matter. Baka nag skid ka, then you step on the brakes, kahit light lang, which you managed to lock therefore losing all your traction. Kasi naman ilan beses ng sinabi, "do not step on the brake when in a skid, just steer to the direction of the skid". But as we all know this is not and easy thing to do as this does not happen everyday. I better tip I thing is to, "avoid getting into a skid by slowing down when it starts to pour". Ingats mga peeps.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    parang ang intindi ko sa snow tires is:

soft compound.

sabi nila, ang snow daw kasi parang buhangin lalo pag makapal na. basa lang kapag natutunaw.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think snow tires were designed to run at 80kph, especially on a wet highway.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup. yun goodyear aquatread ko sa gen1 has an m+s rating. soft compound and ang bilis maupod when use sa phil roads. kung snow rating lang mas soft compound yan siguro. i use mud tires on my rig, madulas siya wet roads because of the limited contact area of the rubber, kaya when it rains, I crawl. :D

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    As far as I know the tread of the tires would be different, might not be so good in wet conditions.

di magkaiba ang "all-weather" sa "all-terrain"? sa purpose are they the same?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    changes while driving - more often than not have some difficulties in adjusting from dry to wet conditions. kaya madalas ang banggaan lalo kapag ma-araw tapos biglang ulan.
    Your theory is already a fact, actually. It's not the drivers that have a hard time. The dirt, grime, oil and other particulates get dissolved or form a thin layer on the road when it rains. With the added oil from vehicles, it almost always makes it more slippery right after a downpour than hours after the downpour.

Kung studded tires yan na pang snow, talagang hindi masyado kakapit sa asphalt yun.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    di magkaiba ang "all-weather" sa "all-terrain"? sa purpose are they the same?
    Can I answer that?

Yes, all-weather tires are different from all-terrain tires. All-terrain tires can also be used off road, while most all-weather tires are mostly used on road. M+S yung rating ng all weather, also known as all season tires, while the all-terrain tires are rated differently.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well said mbeige

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
My Accident at Costal rd.