New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    sir,

AT or MT yung city mo? kasi yung sa akin, 2005 MT na city 1.3 wala naman problema.. pero yung kay clavel alam ko 1.3 din AT ganun din ang problema....

may thread na rin ata dito... di ko lang mahanap....
    it does NOT matter kung at or mt.

one friend of mine has mt, the other has at. older models but same forward cabin design. puro rattling dashboard. yong isa matagal na, yong the other one, ngayonh taon lang lumabas. nagtatanong pa sila kung magkano magastos nila pagbuksan ang dashboard to make the repair. di ko sila nasagot kasi di ko alam; and alam ko lang per my dealer (honda shaw) that it will take 2 to 3 days.

some tsikoteers complained that after they brought their units sa dealers nila, andyan pa rin ang problema.

as for us, as advised by psylocke, we called honda phils. we were "assured" (take note of the quotations) that they would coordinate with our dealer and have their technical personnel oversee the dashboard repair. naka-sked na kami kasi nasa 1,000km na kami. we are hoping for the best but expecting for the worst. kasi kung ma-repair kunyari yan ngayon, there is no guarantee na di na yon babalik (pag-masira na yong insulation na ilalagay nila).

will update you on honda's kapalpakan.

masuwerte yong walang rattle sa dashboard. (or at least for now kasi di pa lumabas?)

for those thinking of buying honda: learn from our experience. dapat magrecall sila kasi palpak sila, particulalrly their honda city (with forward cabin design).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nung ginamit ko yung 2005 city nung friend ko may rattle din, gitna malapit sa HU, mukhang sa loob. di ako makatiis tinangal ko yung lalagyan yata ng barya o ashtray yun. hayun, may pala turnilyo na kakalog-kalog sa loob. so far ok na ngayon.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Ako, so far so good.... the rattles haven't returned on my 2003 City.

Yung problema ko naman ngayon ay yung rattling sa left and right front doors!
    Na sa may door lock area yung rattling. I already had them (HondaKal) "fix" that but the rattlings just keep on coming back. Gusto ko na nga ipa-exorcise sa pari yung kotse ko eh.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    dami naman rattling dito. .hehehe..

bro try to check baka maluwag pag kabit ng dash board.. hehe..

possible byun?

pwde din somethin lose..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Ako, so far so good.... the rattles haven't returned on my 2003 City.

Yung problema ko naman ngayon ay yung rattling sa left and right front doors!
    Na sa may door lock area yung rattling. I already had them (HondaKal) "fix" that but the rattlings just keep on coming back. Gusto ko na nga ipa-exorcise sa pari yung kotse ko eh.

who says honda city is not lemon? nice engine but very poor worksmanship on the body. it is just a matter of time at lalabas na lalabas yong mga rattling na yan.

as suggested by psylocke, call honda phils para alam nila na dami problema mga sasakyan nila.

i did call honda phils the other day. yong customer relations officer (a lady) of honda sounded alright naman (but i wanted their product to be all right rather than their sound over the phone), noted our complaint and promised to repair our rattling dashboard through our dealer. tumawag today yong dealer namin setting the repair on a certain date. mukhang tatambay muna yong lemonade namin ng 2 to 3 days sa casa.

dapat talaga magrecall sila!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    2006 honda city, aga naman lumabas mga rattling sound

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by starbutt View Post
    who says honda city is not lemon? nice engine but very poor worksmanship on the body. it is just a matter of time at lalabas na lalabas yong mga rattling na yan.

as suggested by psylocke, call honda phils para alam nila na dami problema mga sasakyan nila.

i did call honda phils the other day. yong customer relations officer (a lady) of honda sounded alright naman (but i wanted their product to be all right rather than their sound over the phone), noted our complaint and promised to repair our rattling dashboard through our dealer. tumawag today yong dealer namin setting the repair on a certain date. mukhang tatambay muna yong lemonade namin ng 2 to 3 days sa casa.

dapat talaga magrecall sila!
    Okay naman yung HondaKal. I never had to escalate my complaints to HondaPhil. They quickly acted upon my complaints.

Also, expert na ata sila sa dashboard rattles. I didn't have to wait 2-3 days. In fact, I got my car back within the day.

I didn't actually complain directly to the HondaKal customer service. Instead, I vented my complaints to my sales agent...and his boss. Sila na yung nag asikaso sa akin. They even arranged to have my car picked up at home and delivered when repaired.

Sa dami ng beses kong ni-harass yung sales agent at sales boss ng HondaKal regarding the rattling on my dash (which they eventually fixed), they gave me a nice "sorry for the inconvenience" gift -- leatherette seat covers.
    Nakalagay sa receipt --> charge to SALES dept.

Hehehe...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    well, different folks different strokes.

as to our dealer, we brought to the attention of the salesman of the rattling dashboard issue before he we picked honda 2006 a/t over lancer, vios, optra and sentra. he said that issue had been addressed at honda's plant.

we told him if there is any issue, they should have it repaired. he assured us that the problem is no longer existing, and if ever meron, they would have it repaired.

in three weeks after delivery, meron nga. we informed him of such fact (in fact by text lang), and without any question, he said they would have it repaired when we reached 1000km. pa-schedule lang. so we had no reason to be incessant.

thus, we were scheduled. he gave us 2 to 3 days repair period. we do not care kung it would them a week to repair basta maayos na pagkaayos. we have options naman.

as to the manufacturer, we brought the matter to the doorsteps of honda for so many reasons.

firstly, kaya nga may hotline sila e.

secondly, psylocke advised it in so many forums. we do not think psylocke would lead us in the wrong direction. in fact, if we learned from his experience (and heeded to his call), we would not have this trouble or disappointment.

thirdly, we want to ensure that honda oversee the repair or have their own technical men do the repair. afterall, they are the manufacturer. they commited that they would.

fourthly, we wanted to let honda know that their product (in this particular case, honda city) suffers from such defect or still suffer from such defect, among other defects, so that they could remedy it.

baka di nagbabasa ang mga officers nila sa forum natin, at lumalabas na yong mga pinag-uusapan natin ay purely atin-atin lang. we may not only be barking at the wrong tree, we may just be barking at each other.

this is also for the benefit of other tsikoters who will buy honda in the future despite our not so pleasing experience with a particular line of honda product.

complainaning to honda directly has its own benefits. it allows honda to update their record of each product they sell (at least during the warranty period) para documented lahat ng concerns mo.

also, it ensures manufacturer-dealer coordination while the repair is being made. in fact, if you complain directly to honda, the repair or the scheduling of repair becomes manufacturer initiated activity.

thus, less headache.

i suppose this is true with other manufacturers.

so what remains to be seen is the oucome of the repair.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    update regarding rattle on my dashboard....honda makati were able to solve the problem ...it's almost 1-week since i bring my unit there and so far the rattle is no longer present...i just don't know what remedy they do with my unit...i hope for the best that the problem is really solved...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
my 2006 Honda City --> Dashboard Rattle