New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    fuel filter can be replaced in just under an hour. fuel pump mas matrabaho na. pagawa mo nalang sa shop kung pump.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    oo sir, most probably fuel system. a few months ago, i hthought something bad happened to my faithful old Civic. initially i panicked 'cause the throttle seem to be unruly. gusto laging mabilis! :D anyways, i referred to the service manual, and thought that the ecu have gone bad (which is i felt bad since i thought if the ecu is busted, then i should have gotten a ecu upgrade). the culprit: bad throttle body.

i have it cleaned with Honda. Voila, it runs as smooth as ever.

still i felt bad about that ecu upgrade. i thought i would a new one. :D

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    *Bluebimmer: thanks! sana nga fuel filter lang. will know tomorrow when i bring it to autovec.

*chris_d, mazdamazda, theveed: thanks for your inputs as well

*ian_rex: thanks! pwede naman mag-upgrade ECU kahit di pa sira di ba? idahilan mo na lang na 'preventive measure' sa department of budget, kung meron man...hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm the fact that it occurs often pag nakaincline ka makes me think na fuel filter talaga, baka blocked na yung filter and kung nakaangle yung car di na nakakadaan yung fuel sa ibang areas ng filter.

I'd change this asap before it creates more havoc my friend.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thanks! will have the filter changed tomorrow. then observe ko na lang for a while.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Update lang guys. I was able to have my fuel filter changed last Saturday. Sabi nung mechanic, medyo barado na nga raw. After changing, i observed the car and mukhang ok naman sya so far. I braved the same incline yesterday in Boni(at least pag Sunday konti lang umaakyat). So far, di na naman ako namatayan ng engine. Will observe the car for the next few days. Hopefully, yon na nga ang problema and not the fuel pump.

Thanks again to everyone!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Sa sentra namin ganyan din dati, biglang mamamatay engine, tapos hirap mag start. Pag-umandar na dapat di bababa sa 1000rpm or else patay ulit. Pinalitan ung fuel filter ganun pa din. Un pala sira na distributor

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman
    Update lang guys. I was able to have my fuel filter changed last Saturday. Sabi nung mechanic, medyo barado na nga raw. After changing, i observed the car and mukhang ok naman sya so far. I braved the same incline yesterday in Boni(at least pag Sunday konti lang umaakyat). So far, di na naman ako namatayan ng engine. Will observe the car for the next few days. Hopefully, yon na nga ang problema and not the fuel pump.

Thanks again to everyone!
    No recurring problem so far. I think it really is the fuel filter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Muntik na tumirik kotse ko...