New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    [SIZE=3]Anyone of you who own and actually uses one? Are they really reliable? I'm just keen on replacing the basic tools in my car.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Is it really a good replacement for all those set of tools?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Let's hear all about it.

diba socket wrench ung sa unang pic?

ung second pic.. totoo bang may ganyan sa market?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by innoBOB[09JmtG] View Post
    diba socket wrench ung sa unang pic?

ung second pic.. totoo bang may ganyan sa market?
    Yes, the first one is a universal wrench to fit most sizes.

The second pic is not. It's good to have such a utility knife but it's going to be hard to get your grip on using this one. :twak:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I have universal tools (German made pa nga) but I seldomly use it., because it can only do smaller scale jobs and also grip handling is very hard. A bit hassle to fold and unfold a tool every time you need one and you can only use each tool one at a time.

I use mainly standard tools like socket wrench and open/close wrench sets, basic screw drivers, pliers/vice grip.

I preferred heavy duty tools and basically good grip handling.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    [SIZE=3]Anyone of you who own and actually uses one? Are they really reliable? I'm just keen on replacing the basic tools in my car.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Is it really a good replacement for all those set of tools?[/SIZE]

Let's hear all about it.

taurus,
    long before, during the sixties and seventies, cars used to be sold with a couple of screwdrivers, small wrenches, lug wrench, hub cap tool and a pair of slip joint pliers. now, the cars are seldom if at all sold with these tools except lug wrench and hub cap tool. they have a reason: cars now are about 50 times more complicated and not to be tampered with by any tom, dick or harry off the streets. the only things you need in the car in addition to lug wrench would be your flashlight, warning triangle and a cellphone. it is dangerous to be working on your car in traffic. should you need to impress your lady that you know a little bit, try a set of metrinch wrenches, pair of pliers, screwdirvers, test light, and good ol' common sense. do not mess with stuff you are not sure about. you might make the problem worse. leave it to the professionals.
    jick

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    taurus,
    long before, during the sixties and seventies, cars used to be sold with a couple of screwdrivers, small wrenches, lug wrench, hub cap tool and a pair of slip joint pliers. now, the cars are seldom if at all sold with these tools except lug wrench and hub cap tool. they have a reason: cars now are about 50 times more complicated and not to be tampered with by any tom, dick or harry off the streets. the only things you need in the car in addition to lug wrench would be your flashlight, warning triangle and a cellphone. it is dangerous to be working on your car in traffic. should you need to impress your lady that you know a little bit, try a set of metrinch wrenches, pair of pliers, screwdirvers, test light, and good ol' common sense. do not mess with stuff you are not sure about. you might make the problem worse. leave it to the professionals.
    jick
    jick, I never intended it or implied that way.

So it's better for you to keep all set of tools with different sizes and standards from metrics and english so as just to tighten a loose screw that causing that irritating noise? or better yet calling up that tow truck to pull your car because it can't start due to a bolt not fully tighten from a battery?
    i guess most people do love tinkering on their cars especially if you are a DIYs person and when you learn that it is not that difficult what these so called professionals are doing when fixing their cars.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    jick, I never intended it or implied that way.

So it's better for you to keep all set of tools with different sizes and standards from metrics and english so as just to tighten a loose screw that causing that irritating noise? or better yet calling up that tow truck to pull your car because it can't start due to a bolt not fully tighten from a battery?
    i guess most people do love tinkering on their cars especially if you are a DIYs person and when you learn that it is not that difficult what these so called professionals are doing when fixing their cars.
    taurus,
    i agree to some extent, if it is not deep mechanical, electrical or electronic, why not. it it only requires replacement of a light bulb or changing the oil, yes. a good set to carry around the car with less unnecessary weight is a set of "metrinch" which fits standard SAE or inch sizes and in millimeters. avoid bringing too much weight in the car, it adds to your fuel or gas pains. do your checks as prescribed in the owner's manual. in the military we have what we call "preventive maintenance, checks and services (PMCS)and in aircraft maintenance, there is preflight, post flight, monthly, yearly checks. you can not repair a flying aircraft from the outside hehehehehe. do your prescribed maintenance and you will, most of the time avoid breakdowns.
    jick

Multipurpose Tools / Universal Wrenches