New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Thanks mazdamazda but then I'm afraid they're too young to react. They're babies. Hehe.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Then I guess it's safe to assume you should play it safe considering it's their health you're after, since we don't know how loud or how deep of a rumble you want.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Do you guys recommend that I just get a custom made muffler for example from Nodalo's or Mufflerland? Or do I need to get a branded JASMA certified muffler?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Even branded Japanese mufflers can be loud.

Here's a tip... look for a 2" inlet muffler with the biggest body you can find. make sure that the inside of the tube is smooth and doesn't look like the holes inside the muffler have been poked there by a guy with a hammer and a chisel... ...in general, straight through mufflers with big bodies can absorb more sound than mufflers with smaller bodies.

Brand don't matter if you don't like the sound. You can go to Mufflerland and test to your heart's content. All it'll cost you is the cost of re-welding your muffler back on after testing (maybe a hundred bucks or so).

A secondhand chambered muffler is always a risk... rust, broken welds, etcetera... you're better off buying something nice and new.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Even branded Japanese mufflers can be loud.

Here's a tip... look for a 2" inlet muffler with the biggest body you can find. make sure that the inside of the tube is smooth and doesn't look like the holes inside the muffler have been poked there by a guy with a hammer and a chisel... ...in general, straight through mufflers with big bodies can absorb more sound than mufflers with smaller bodies.

Brand don't matter if you don't like the sound. You can go to Mufflerland and test to your heart's content. All it'll cost you is the cost of re-welding your muffler back on after testing (maybe a hundred bucks or so).

A secondhand chambered muffler is always a risk... rust, broken welds, etcetera... you're better off buying something nice and new.
    Thanks a lot for the tip. It really helped me a lot.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    OK insan...if you really want a muffler for your car, dont look at the brand. The important thing is that it sounds good to you and it makes you happy.

Custom mufflers are ok as long as long as you stay away from the "REALLY BIG" ones. (Yung parang maliit na kaldero na yung butas!hehehe! ricey na kasi pag ganito kinuha mo)

Try visiting shops that sell these kinds of products....Nodalo's and Mufflerland may be a good starting point.

Goodluck insan!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant_VR_94 View Post
    OK insan...if you really want a muffler for your car, dont look at the brand. The important thing is that it sounds good to you and it makes you happy.

Custom mufflers are ok as long as long as you stay away from the "REALLY BIG" ones. (Yung parang maliit na kaldero na yung butas!hehehe! ricey na kasi pag ganito kinuha mo)

Try visiting shops that sell these kinds of products....Nodalo's and Mufflerland may be a good starting point.

Goodluck insan!
    Eh kung samahan mo kaya ako noh? kaw may alam dito e. hahaha. Punta nalng ako sa inyo tpos kakaladkarin kita papunta sa kotse ko. hehehehe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Muffler Dilemma. Please Advice.