New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    motul rbf600 brake fluid is excellent. one of the highest boiling points of any commercially available brake fluids.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    motul rbf600 brake fluid is excellent. one of the highest boiling points of any commercially available brake fluids.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    speedyfix & fusion r has a motul 10w-40 change oil promo for P1900 thatl includes labor & the oil filter already.
    Due for oil change na ko. Thinking of availing this promo. Would you know if the motul oil they use have energy conserving properties? Trying to save on gas kasi.

The oil Speedyfix uses is 10W40. Is it ok to use if my manual recommends 5W30 and says do not use other viscosity. My other option is Havoline energy 5W30. This will cost more. Does havoline Energy really help save gas? What should I go for?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Due for oil change na ko. Thinking of availing this promo. Would you know if the motul oil they use have energy conserving properties? Trying to save on gas kasi.

The oil Speedyfix uses is 10W40. Is it ok to use if my manual recommends 5W30 and says do not use other viscosity. My other option is Havoline energy 5W30. This will cost more. Does havoline Energy really help save gas? What should I go for?
    10W-40 nga ang gamit nila Speedyfix. No energy conserving properties.

And stick with 5W-30 (kinda hard to argue with the automotive engineers who recommended that), from my experience it gave me around 5% better fuel economy.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; September 24th, 2006 at 04:22 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post

i used to have 20w-50 toyota mineral oil in my rav but the manual recomends 5w-30. Before I was getting around 10km/L but when i shifted to 5w-30 i'm now getting 11.5km/L

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    10W-40 nga ang gamit nila Speedyfix. No energy conserving properties.

And stick with 5W-30 (kinda hard to argue with the automotive engineers who recommended that), from my experience it gave me around 5% better fuel economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supierreman View Post
    i used to have 20w-50 toyota mineral oil in my rav but the manual recomends 5w-30. Before I was getting around 10km/L but when i shifted to 5w-30 i'm now getting 11.5km/L
    reason enough for me to go with havoline energy 5w30. Hope my consumption improves.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if what is recommended by the engine is 5w30 then try to stick with it. pero also check the temp ratings in the service manual. some manufacturers recommend that viscosity only in colder climates.

it will definitely give you better milage but if you do lots of hard and fast driving it might be better to err on the higher viscosity for the extra amount of protection.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    if what is recommended by the engine is 5w30 then try to stick with it. pero also check the temp ratings in the service manual. some manufacturers recommend that viscosity only in colder climates.

it will definitely give you better milage but if you do lots of hard and fast driving it might be better to err on the higher viscosity for the extra amount of protection.
    Recommended ba yun Motul kahit 5 years na yun kotse? 40k km mileage. medyo OT pero meron din ba kayong Motul brake fluid na binibenta?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yup it should be no problem to use it even at that age. we have 10-12 year old cars using that oil in the shop.

we have motul dot 4 and motul rbf600 brake fluid in the shop.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    yup it should be no problem to use it even at that age. we have 10-12 year old cars using that oil in the shop.

we have motul dot 4 and motul rbf600 brake fluid in the shop.
    Sir, is the RBF600 a DOT 3 brake fluid?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
MOTUL Competition