New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Has anyone ever tried the MOTUL Competition 5W/40 fully synthetic oil?

I'm curious, since the price is very attractive. My suking talyer sells it for 900 for a 2-liter can. They just got it themselves and have yet to try it.

My next oil change is coming up, just wanna check my options.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Haven't tried it but it's supposed to be very good stuff for racing and high performance applications. Available only thru mail order and specialty shops in the U.S. :wink: :wink: :wink:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Really? Weird, its really cheap here compared to the other synthetic oils. Sabagay, I know the distributor is making a big push in the local market. Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Motul is big in Europe for motorcyles and they only specialize in racing for automobiles and now their tapping the common market. :P :P :P

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi ata available ang 5w-40 oils sa temperate o napakainit na panahon dito sa atin.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi naman. PGA Cars use Mobil1 0W/40 tri-synthetic oil on the Porsches, even the Turbo models. Autoplus uses fully-synthetic 5W/50 Rally Formula on their race cars (drag and circuit).

I've tried both on my Mitsu, ok ang performance. Problem ko lang is ang starting o cold grade ng MOTUL na '5' is too thin, leading to noise from the hydraulic lifters to come out. Mitsu recommends 10W/30 oil and up to eliminate noisy lifters on cold starts.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...up ko lang. anyone tried MOTUL H-tech? it says 100% synthetic 10W/40 and only 1.5k for a gallon. medyo attractive yung price eh.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ako din nga nag babalak mag try nito ehh! ok kaya ung 10w/40 nila? san ba merong mabibili nito bro?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Motul is a good brand.Get it while its cheap.Here in the US motul is expensive. Motul, Amsoil and Elf are the ONLY three TRUE ester based full synthetic oils on the market.Meron na bang Motul brake fluid dyan?That's the one i used in track.
    Last edited by ronald_m; September 6th, 2006 at 07:12 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by scarab View Post
    ...up ko lang. anyone tried MOTUL H-tech? it says 100% synthetic 10W/40 and only 1.5k for a gallon. medyo attractive yung price eh.
    am currently using that... two oil changes for the Rav4 so far.

speedyfix & fusion r has a motul 10w-40 change oil promo for P1900 thatl includes labor & the oil filter already.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
MOTUL Competition