New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yung "recommended flushing procedure" is...
    1) drain 2L of old oil
    2) add 2L of kerosene or diesel fuel
    3) run for 10 minutes at idle
    4) *leave to soak for a few hours* <--- dito ako patay
    5) run for 10 minutes again
    6) drain, refill

i was wondering ano pang ibang work ang pwedeng ipagawa between #3 and #5 para hindi wasted yung oras and shop space. the problem is that %#$#$!! kia pasay still has my car (since wednesday!!!) with the draggy brake problem. i hope nahanap na nila problem. :P

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thanks to all who responded.
    I tried valvoline max life 20w50 that I found in true value. It says its formulated for cars with 80Km or higher mileage. Some says havoline formula is good too.

All forums I visited seems to say that synthetic oil is not really ideal for old cars, I guess Ill stick to mineral and regular 5K oil change interval.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    may tanong po ako sa mga OIL GURU's:

How do you decide if your engine has gunk and flush it? I have never done an engine flush due to recommendations here.

Nung kakukuha ko ng 2nd hand car ko...the oil was new and it lasted to be clear for almost 3months. Then on my 1st oil change, I used petron rev-x all terrain. (di ko sure kung synthetic na rin yung langis nung nabili ko yung sasakyan)

So, I change oil every 5k kms and even less. Last time I changed oil, 3500kms pa lang.

Pero, bakit kaya di ko na nakuha yung "clear" oil appearance for at least right after changing the oil? The oil is immediately dark/black? Should I have flushed? Mga 2 oras akong nag-drain ng langis before pouring in the new oil. Tapos, pinasakan ng air hose at pinahanginan ng abt 15mins. So more of the old oil was forced out. I was hoping that the "clear" oil appearance would be my indication na bago pa ang langis....tapos pag matagal nang maitim...at lumalapot na...e di panahon na para palitan.

Dapat po bang mas matagal ang draining? Dapat po ba nag-flush ako?

maraming Salamat!
    Last edited by pparado; December 3rd, 2005 at 10:25 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    halu!

sakto, i need to change oil na din. pero nalilito ako...my car is honda esi 1994, i change to semi synthetic months ago, kaso nung last change oil ko, nagkamali, regular oil ang inilgay. (don't know if yun ang reason ng mga problems sa car ko dati) so now medyo nalilito ako kung ano ilalagay ko, semi? synthetic? or regular?

sir speedyfix, (rem me?) ayos na ayos na po yung car ko, thank you! tanong ko lang po, ano marecommend ninyo for my car? tsaka if ever po sa inyo ako papalit (wala kasi ako alam dito sa me area namin na shop na mapagkakatiwalaan at di naman ako marunong magpalit!), ano advisable time ko dapat dalhin dyan and gaano katagal?

tenks po ng madami!

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    go for synthetic

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    With a fully synthetic oil... even after 10K km the oil still feels light / thin - and is still relatively "clean".

But with mineral oil, it is more dirtier and heavier (even after just 5K km)
    I think this has already been debunked by many car and engine experts, and even the oil manufacturers themselves state that change oil intervals for syntheric oil should stay the same as with mineral-based oil.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeljack
    I think this has already been debunked by many car and engine experts, and even the oil manufacturers themselves state that change oil intervals for syntheric oil should stay the same as with mineral-based oil.
    nope... (unless you can show me some proof)

only the oil filter should be be replaced for synthetic oil every 5K.

by the way... many european cars AFAIK only require an oil change once a year... you don't see them using mineral oil...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    airam, good to hear ok na car mo sandali lang change oil sa amin. less than an hour would be more than enough. we have all oils on stock naman (mineral, semi and fully syn) so you can choose. i always say fully syn is better than the others pero depends talaga sa budget seeya in the shop!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Motor oil recommendation for old cars