New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i used to have a lancer GLX 91 model, it was a nice car but it had one problem, when i turn it of sometimes, there were instances that it would have that "follow thru"... yung parang sinisinok bago mamatay. but eventually turns off. i tried having it tuned up regulary too...

now i have a 96 lancer na itlog, same problem, tho less frequent. i tuned it up, replaced spark plugs, fuel and air filter, even change oil and filter... still the same, but it has happened only once since then... hope somebody can help me with that.

thanks guys!!:worried:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    by the way its a lancer EL...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one possibility is mataas ang idling mo kaya sinisinok bago mamatay makina..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or it could be a sign of overheating.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    high idling? i don't think so, the mechanic already adjusted it... over heating... thanks... just a follow up tho... why?

thanks guys...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does your Lancer EL happen to have the carburator system? Probable cause of bag timing, either to retarded or advanced that gas is still eminent in the chamber when shutting off.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    el's are carbs yata if i'm not mistaken. probably nga ito yung problem nya kaya that happens. have it checked lang and make sure tama yung timing mo para ma-avoid mo yung problems na ganyan

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yup they are carbs right... pardon the ignorance but how do i chack that, just had my timing checked and it happened again but only once since then... thanks super guys!!!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's the angle from your distributor system, which can be slided that cause advance or retarding it. Just be careful though, one wrong slip and that can literally blow you away. High current passes thru that engine part.

But most shops I've seen nowadays use an infrared beam to check if your timing needs adjustment. Have you check on your spark plugs too? It may need some cleaning, before you have the timing re-adjusted again.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    if i'm not mistaken, the mechanic already adjusted the timing, he used the gun that's like a strobe light... since then it has just happened only once...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mitsu lancer problem