New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I can't find the old mouse/rat thread. I was advised by tsikoteers several years ago to leave the rat in the cage in the sun and let it die from dehydration (which is what I did) Lately may nakapasok ulit na daga sa house namin, but this time I poured boiling water while it was in the cage and watched it die. Now I am thinking if I have psychopathic tendencies because Jeffrey Dahmer started that way LOL. Sa worms naman like to spray with clorox

I hate cats more and would want to kill the cats that go inside our backyard pero I might get karma. Okay na rin at least my cars don't get wires chewed on, dami na nga lang gasgas!
    TORTURE! Pwede ka na sa PNP.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I bought this from Shopee and so far, it's the best self-resetting mouse trap I've used. There were mice eating up my wife's potted plants out in the balcony and this trap got rid of three mice in one night. As far as we can tell, no more damaged plants.

I used peanut butter as bait.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Maraming traps, I hate the part ng pagdi-dispose.

Using a fly/mouse paper trap, my dad taught me to get a pair of pliers and whack the head of the mouse til it stops moving (usually lalabas dugo sa ilong). Using the same pliers, grab it by the head and pull it off the trap and throw the body away sa vacant lot. Re-use the fly paper. Did that maybe once or twice and hated it.

Nung ako na lang, I just throw away the fly trap with the still-alive mouse. Now that I think of it, mas pahirap pala para sa daga yung ginagawa ko. At least yung sa pliers the mouse didn't suffer as long.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I bought this from Shopee and so far, it's the best self-resetting mouse trap I've used. There were mice eating up my wife's potted plants out in the balcony and this trap got rid of three mice in one night. As far as we can tell, no more damaged plants.

I used peanut butter as bait.

How do you dispose of the (live I presume) captives?

I prefer the insta-kill jaws but they're a pain to reset. Glue traps are more effective for multiple rodents but more torturous.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    How do you dispose of the (live I presume) captives?

I prefer the insta-kill jaws but they're a pain to reset. Glue traps are more effective for multiple rodents but more torturous.
    We put water inside the pail... about 1/3 level and let them swim to death. After that, I just flush them down the toilet. Maybe a diluted mix of muriatic acid can accelerate the kill... haven't tried it but I don't want to handle toxic chemicals if I don't have to. That's why this trap is perfect.

The glue traps are messy and there's just so many times that mice got away from it kung pa-daplis lang. And these mice are smart.... they learn from their mistakes and once they have escaped from it, they know well enough to stay away from the trap. Besides, yung Baygon na glue trap is not as sticky as it once was. Sayang pera.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    We put water inside the pail... about 1/3 level and let them swim to death. After that, I just flush them down the toilet. Maybe a diluted mix of muriatic acid can accelerate the kill... haven't tried it but I don't want to handle toxic chemicals if I don't have to. That's why this trap is perfect.

The glue traps are messy and there's just so many times that mice got away from it kung pa-daplis lang. And these mice are smart.... they learn from their mistakes and once they have escaped from it, they know well enough to stay away from the trap. Besides, yung Baygon na glue trap is not as sticky as it once was. Sayang pera.
    Ok ordered the two-bridge one. Will look for compatible pails once it arrives.Tnx for the reco!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
mice killing