New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    [SIZE=3]I own a '95 mitsu.Galant ss w/ manual tranny and I have a problem with it. There's a grinding " metal to metal" noise coming from under the engine( i think) especially when I accelerate at full throttle or whenever i downshift. In addition, my car is like engine braking whenever i release the gas pedal even at first gear and in slow moving traffic- It feels like the parking brake is always activated.I already had it's transmission overhauled but the performance is still the same and the noise has not yet been solved Please help me.Thanks! [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    try checkin ur brakes

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yes, check rin your breaks. i've also had an experience sort of like that before. sakin naman during acceleration and braking may naririnig ako. break pads ko pala nag vvibrate, hindi secured ang kabit...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you're suppose to engine brake whenever you release your foot from the pedal, at any gear. This would be more evident on the first and second gear. now for the grinding noise, did you recently replaced your clutch system, disk, pplate, rel bearing?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    might be time to have it checked by someone else

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    sir ganyan din problem ng 7g galant ko, parang nag eengage ang break when i release the gas pedal. so, i try to change the brake pad, manipis na din.
    the mechanic told me meron problem yung driver side caliper kasi hindi nag freewheel yung gulong and the right side ok nman. the mechanic told di daw nalalaro yung break piston wlang freewheel. ginawa ng mechanic was removed the metal na nilalagay sa break pad. ayun ok na, maagaan na takbo ng kotse and smooth na rin. btw pina check ko din yung timing ng engine. hth =)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anu na nangyari dito?

metal to metal grinding noise