New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    bagsak ang engine mount (engine support) ko, di ko lang alam kung lahat ng corners, and the shop I usually go to is quoting me PHP 12000.00 plus an addition 1,500 for possibly changing air filter...so, I have a few questions for you experts:

1. Is that quoted parts and labor amount within the bounds of fair ?
    2. If I drive the car (Mazda 323 1997) all the way from Pasig where I live, to, say, Banaue, with the engine mount(s.. ?) broke, will that cause more damage to the car ?

thanks.

omigosh.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    engine mounts? plural ba? call mazford... they do repairs too...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by omigosh View Post
    bagsak ang engine mount (engine support) ko, di ko lang alam kung lahat ng corners, and the shop I usually go to is quoting me PHP 12000.00 plus an addition 1,500 for possibly changing air filter...so, I have a few questions for you experts:

2. If I drive the car (Mazda 323 1997) all the way from Pasig where I live, to, say, Banaue, with the engine mount(s.. ?) broke, will that cause more damage to the car ?

thanks.

omigosh.
    1. For an old model car parang mahal yung parts and labor quote sa iyo. Besides, you can opt for non-original parts and that will bring down the total bill some more. Sa ganun age ng car di na worth it lagyan ng original unless wala ka talagang mahanap na replacement.

2. Just drive it gently lalo na sa mga lubak and bumps. It's bone-jarring, uncomfortable and noisy as hell but it's generally nothing to worry too much about. Alalay lang at huwag humarurot.

Natandaan ko usually complete dati si Autorama (Banawe) sa lahat ng kailangan ko for my Familia GLXi. Pwede ka pa mag pa order kung wala sila, that is if you are willing to wait a little. Don't know what brands they specialize in now but you can give them a try. They used to be a Ford and Mazda parts importer. Meron din sila recommended talyer to replace your parts in one of the side streets near their store. Forgot the name na so ask them na lang.

Addendum:
    Other stores that I have bought from before (whether for our Ford or Mazda vehicles) - Fordland, Ford Master and of course as mentioned by sir StockEngine, MazFord. Kung gusto mo mura na replacements sa LVC naman.

Sa air filter parang pang dalawang piraso ang quote niya sa iyo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by omigosh View Post

thanks.

omigosh.
    Sir, may magaling na mekaniko sa manila for mazda gen2... i remember before mazdatech philippines, may forum din sila... you can try to search in FB or google... they can hel you their in terms of how much gagastohin dapat or ano...

usually for hard to find parts, dun ako pumupunta sa mga surplus cars, alternator, pcv valve and etc. if gusto mo original, meron din kasi mga half cut dumadating sa pinas from japs which are in very good condition pa yung mga parts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Sayang wala na yung protegetech.ph or was it .org?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Sayang wala na yung protegetech.ph or was it .org?
    It was protegetech.org and was changed to mazdatech.org which i last joined during my mazda gen2 car before... di ka mawawalan ng parts kasi they all have the resources... baka may fb sila... pero di ko mahanap kasi wala akong fb...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    It was protegetech.org and was changed to mazdatech.org which i last joined during my mazda gen2 car before... di ka mawawalan ng parts kasi they all have the resources... baka may fb sila... pero di ko mahanap kasi wala akong fb...

I first joined mazdatech.org but it seems the members are inactive. Later, I can no longer access the site. I think they are now using Facebook.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Mazda familia spare parts