New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir, kung may kakilala kang operator ng mga taxis na malapit sa inyo...itanong mo lang kung may kilala silang mekanikong nagse-service sa kanila...makakamura ka dun.

kadalasan yung mga operator ng taxi & jeep may mga alagang mekaniko yan. ;)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    yup tama si hens... or sell it na pre... 200K medyo medyo na yan... hehehe...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    any recommended shop na magaling mag top overhaul? oki ba sa shell?

kelan b dapat mag full overhaul? kung top overhaul, would it resolve the white smoke?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    try and pass by the shop. we can do the overhauling for you. iba prices for top and bottom overhauls. do it soon tho kasi kapag pinabayaan mo you might have to re-bore the cylinders pa because of the wear.

it's always best to nip the problem in the butt before it gets big

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    can you give a rough estimate as to how much ang overhauling for a galant gti automatic? thanks

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Ummm... before you do anything else.. Just a question:

What color is the smoke?

Is it white smoke? -- coolant getting in the combustion chamber! Maybe a broken head gasket!

Is it gray smoke? -- Oil getting into the combution chamber! Worn piston rings, worn valve seals or valve guides!

Is it black smoke? -- unburned fuel... maybe clogged air filter, too rich fuel...not burning fuel completely!

I know everybody here predicted its oil, and they could be right but.... you need to know what color is your smoke before you make any moves!

Thats all..

Peace!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    it will be hard to give an estimate without opening the engine. pwede very rough lang like the piston rings and gaskets pero yung machining di ko mabibigay and other minor stuff kasi this usually surfaces when nakabukas na yung makina.

anyway, pass by the shop or give me a call nalang if you need more info

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ok, i dont have an idea how much should i raise funds for the overhauling stuffs kasi.

probably, i'll drop by within the week pag libre ako.

ty

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    no problem. there is no pressure naman to do it once we make the estimate for you. balik ka nalang whenever you can

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by speedyfix
    no problem. there is no pressure naman to do it once we make the estimate for you. balik ka nalang whenever you can
    pag inestimate, bubuksan na b kagad makina? and if ever general overhaul and kulang pa yun funds ko, mababalik b kagad sa dati or iwan ko na yun car? sorry for the ignorance hehhe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Masyadong mausok!!!!