New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    recently had my timing belt changed.. among other parts that failed during the process - igniter.. changed the ignition coil na rin just to be sure.. the first time the engine was fired up after all the work done, everything sounded normal. just like before any changes were done. so i went off to the carwash. when i got back home, i popped the hood and stepped on the gas pedal. while doing so, i heard this annoying sound coming from where the timing belt was. parang naiipit na rubber. weird thing is, pag di nman nakatapak sa gas, wala naman yung ingay. could this be a timing belt installed too tight? or could it be something else? if ever na masikipn na timing belt nga, ok lang kayang gamitin muna yung car coz i'll probably have the time to have this checked again next weekend pa... thanks again..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wickednasty View Post
    recently had my timing belt changed.. among other parts that failed during the process - igniter.. changed the ignition coil na rin just to be sure.. the first time the engine was fired up after all the work done, everything sounded normal. just like before any changes were done. so i went off to the carwash. when i got back home, i popped the hood and stepped on the gas pedal. while doing so, i heard this annoying sound coming from where the timing belt was. parang naiipit na rubber. weird thing is, pag di nman nakatapak sa gas, wala naman yung ingay. could this be a timing belt installed too tight? or could it be something else? if ever na masikipn na timing belt nga, ok lang kayang gamitin muna yung car coz i'll probably have the time to have this checked again next weekend pa... thanks again..
    imho. it could be the timing belt, or it could be the other parts. to be sure, you have to have it re-checked.

and yes, kung TB nga yan, hwag mong gagamiting yung car, kung mahigpit pagkakakabit nyan, it could snap out any time, and the effects on your car could be very destructive. pa check mo muna bago mo gamitin.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    the belt was too tight nga.. had the tension bearing adjusted a bit and its back to normal na.. although hindi nman totally nawala yung annoying sound. it's still there pero alot weaker than before it was adjusted.. thanks happy_gilmore for the tip..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka naman fan belt yun nadidinig mo. may tensioner yun TB na may spring. mahirap sumikip or lumuwag ng sobra yan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wickednasty View Post
    the belt was too tight nga.. had the tension bearing adjusted a bit and its back to normal na.. although hindi nman totally nawala yung annoying sound. it's still there pero alot weaker than before it was adjusted.. thanks happy_gilmore for the tip..

is it a knocking sound ?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hanep sa thread title ah...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    new belts will be a little noisier pero not by much dapat.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Hanep sa thread title ah...
    Hehe, akala ko rin kung anong masikip at maluwag. Nasa Workshop forum pala ito

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kala ko nga din kung anong masikip o maluwag na yan

masikip o maluwag?