New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mods pakilipat na lang if the topic is inappropriate...

i've seen some references on the net on DIY lambda sensor installation, to monitor the a/f mixture for carb engines. wouldn't it be cool if there was a way you could adjust the idle and a/f carb settings from inside the car? meron na bang gumawa nito?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    wouldn't it be cool if there was a way you could adjust the idle and a/f carb settings
    yep. I saw this a/f mixture control in the steering of a F1 commercial.

I saw this P.M.S on the web though: http://need-4-speed.com/efisystems.htm

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    can't be done when driving MANUALLY, kasi masyadong maraming parameters and nakokontrol ng A/F - it is not plain air and fuel in reality.

nandyan ang temperature and pressure ng air and fuel which varies a lot during driving.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm...actually i had soemthing more mechanical in mind B) as in parang extension lang ng idle and a/f screws.

ung mga ganitong aftermarket EFI kits...kung nasira ba to e tatakbo pa rin ung kotse(albeit with a less then ideal a/f mix)?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's such a sensitive thing to adjust, I don't think you want to be twirling away at knobs inside the car while it's running.

One wrong twirl and you're on your way to over-lean conditions and a potential overheat.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    icic...

ewan ko lang...parang sobrang daming electronics lang kasi in cars these days. parang di ko matanggap that a car would stop running just because the ECU failed or something; sana tatakbo pa rin kahit papano....

...you kids and your newfangled EFI's :D

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    though we have strong electric black and decker screwdriver to use it as a a/f screw adjuster. I don't think you can activate the spin accurately. ang laki kasi ng value kahit few degrees lang...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    install a APEXI Turbo Timer. for just 5500 php, it has a function to control the AF ratio..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dmax View Post
    install a APEXI Turbo Timer. for just 5500 php, it has a function to control the AF ratio..
    really? because I think that gadget can only display a/f ratio.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    really? because I think that gadget can only display a/f ratio.
    yep, apexi TT kasi gamit ko but I never did use that functin since diesel ang ride ko..

mano-mano a/f monitoring & carb adjustment