New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hmm.. Could it be the long metal bar placed horizontally inside the door panel? I also have this problem and found out only the other day what's the cause. The long metal tube inside the door panel is mounted by a 'rubber-ish' or bubble gum-like material to the outer layer of the door panel. When the door closes, you can clearly see and hear the outer door layer banging to the horizontal bar.

Would anyone know where can we go to have this fixed?

My car by the way is a Civic ES.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    worn door hinges could be the culprit.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jdab View Post
    Hmm.. Could it be the long metal bar placed horizontally inside the door panel? I also have this problem and found out only the other day what's the cause. The long metal tube inside the door panel is mounted by a 'rubber-ish' or bubble gum-like material to the outer layer of the door panel. When the door closes, you can clearly see and hear the outer door layer banging to the horizontal bar.

Would anyone know where can we go to have this fixed?

My car by the way is a Civic ES.
    Hmmm... not sure, pero I suppose any body shop can do the work if you explain what you want. That rubber-ish material sounds like rubber epoxy... not hard to find.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Maybe you can sound deaden your doors. The difference between a BMW's door closing and a Corolla's door closing is different talaga. A BMW's door uses more material..sound deadening material. That's why they have a quieter ride than most cars. So sound deadening I think can help. Unless you have loose screws inside ur door that makes that sound u dont want.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Siguro parang silicon sealant lang nakalagay in between. pero medyo malayo ang space ng horizontal bar dun mismo sa door sidings. di dapat sya tatama. dun po sir sa mga nagpipintura kotse alam nila siguro solution dyan.

Minsan kasi yan may maluwag lang sa loob and ussually ay yung holder ng glass windows mismo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Ba pareho tayo pag sinasara yung pintua parang may nababasag na salamin.
    kung naka roll down ang bintana habang sinasara ang pinto, baka ung locking mechanism sa loob e loose, kaya pumapalo sa salamin??? ganun kasi sa hatchback.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that horizontal bar is the side impact beam. it should not move. ok yun sinabi ni basti08.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    re sa windows eh try to replace the channels they could be worn out already.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
malakas ang ingay pag-sara ng pinto