New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *sic: SpeedyFix is on Shaw Blvd and it's near Pure Gold and across Red Ribbon. Alam ko yata yan pwede kita samahan if you like. Pero before pumunta dun lets do a test drive on your car, di ba your mechanic have changed your Air filter? (The old one is kind of dukyot). Maybe your mechanic is right and this maybe one of the probable cause of your choking problem.

I think if the CPS / CMP sensor problem wwere being triggered during heat soak then it's hard for the OBD / ECU checkup to pinpoint if that sensor really is the cause of problem. Kailangan ma-recreate yung environment during check-up di ba? CMIIW.

*orly_andico: I believe it's fine to put a 93 Research Octane Rating on a 95 RON required engine. I am filling a 93 RON gasoline on my tank, no problems at all. In fact, when I tried filling it up with Shell V-Power (twice fulltank) pumangit ang takbo..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ok thnx hyperthread.

yup replaced my air filter with a new one. kasi un old air filter ko is talagang "dugyot" na parang binabad sa exaust pipe na mukhang greasy talaga. that's why my air filter can't get enough air going to the throttle body and to the engine as well & "maybe" creating some abnormal air mixture na rin..

and maybe my mechanic is right. but i still need to run it on some engine analyzer. to make sure na rin.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I also suggest doing the "Italian Tune Up" pero don't overdo it lang, works for me or maybe psychological lang.

Running on 140KPH-160KPH on NLEX for almost 5 minutes siguro..

Di lang kaya ng itlog ko and natakot ako baka mahuli at parang di na stable yung likod nung auto kaya tinigil ko na..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    We experienced the same problem with our Ford Lynx. It was a faulty mass air flow sensor. Quite expensive when you buy it from CASA. I would suggest if you have a friend who has a spare sensor, install it in your car and see if it removes the intermittent choking. This is a 5 minute job.

Our symptoms before was that the car would choke while we were at around 60 kphto 80 kph and during acceleration.

Good luck...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    thnx peeps.

*gasoline boy: whhoooaaaahhh.. that small thing is indeed quite expensive.. Maybe thats going to be my last option to go through.. Hope not!
    thnx for that.

btw, bought a new CPS and installed it.. I still need to observe it. Hope that this problem is over..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    By the way, related itong thread na ito sa "Effect of Dirty Air Filter to MAF" thread ko, I just want to start a different topic about that.

Anyway, ganun pa din ang problem. After changing the CPS, Fuel Pump and MAF Sensor ganun pa din , itinirik pa rin..

Ignition coil? hmmm.. ipatanong ko kay sIC kung natignan na yun mekaniko. Malaki din ang possibility nito kasi after driving ng malayo at matagal saka sya tumitirik.

Sabi naman nung mekaniko ay computer box na ang problem.. may sunog daw at may watermarks (signs of moist or nabaha?)

The computer box sa Casa is worth 42,000.00... sa Fordland is 28,000.00.
    Napakamahal.. tsk...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Damn... so the worst case scenario did materialize, huh?

Was the car bought secondhand? Maybe the owner had an "incident" that he didn't tell you about...

If not, somebody borrowed the car and had that "incident"

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yes we have a scanner in the shop.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    check the hose connecting the brake drum ( Im not sure if this is the term ) that connects to your engine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
LYNX Ghia 02 Choking or Nabubulunan