New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    sprex, was that your galant the other day? it was smoking also and the engine didn't seem to be in good condition. when you replaced the head gasket did they check the valve and valve seals? you might have seen the other galant in the shop when you were there... the 8th gen. it was loosing a liter every couple of days because it had 4-5 bent valves and all the valve seals were leaking oil into the exhaust. it was smoking badly when it got to the shop.

we replaced the valves, seals and refaced the head and now there is absolutely no smoke na and power is back to normal
    Sakin nga yun speedyfix, i dont know kung na check yun valve and valve seals kasi yung brother ko nag pa ayos nung car...yung smoke minsan lang lumalabas.. any recommendation po na pwedeng gawin para once and for all maayos na yung car? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yup, gave my advice. di na ba bumalik CEL kahapon? have it top overhauled... was following you sa shaw and super dami smoke lumalabas...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Baka nga hindi torqued to spec ang bolts nung nag-reassemble as previously posted. Too tight or too lose. Hindi ko din alam ang torque specs ng head bolts ng Galant.
    AFAIK..for every sizes of bolts there is specific torque

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^^and it also depends on the markings on the bolt. Some of them can withstand higher torque ratings. Consult your service manual if you can find any, the torque ratings should be listed. Best is to get a Haynes manual, usually nandun yung torque ratings ng head bolts for your car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just download the 7G Galant service manual. I'm going to transfer it to the Tech Specs forum in a while.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    speedyfix,

i have the same problem with my 92 corolla xe. 1 liter of oil every 3 days is lost. i have replaced the gasket and it still loses oil, but lesser quantity na. it is still smoking so i guess oil goes out of the exhaust.

how much would it cost me to get this repaired? i'll probably have it done this coming friday. thanks!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    same thing probably happened... you had the head gasket replaced without the valve seals being checked. baklas ulit head nyan and bili ka bagong head gasket and overhauling kit set.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    same thing probably happened... you had the head gasket replaced without the valve seals being checked. baklas ulit head nyan and bili ka bagong head gasket and overhauling kit set.
    Sir Speedyfix, after reading most of the post on this thread I'm beginning to believe that my engine has the same problem. I'm also losing oil almost a liter every week with average run of 400 km. I feel the engine (22R mounted on RX81) has still a good power if not of the smoke and oil plus (eto pa pala) coolant lose. There's no visible leak in the engine even under the chassis and I can still make 160-170 km on a highway. The previous owner said he had the head replaced. But I doubt they did cause he himself did not see it replaced and the mechanic has that technic of painting the job they did, para daw alam nila kung anong parte ang ginawa nila. Do you think I can solve the problem by having top overhaul and replace the valve seal, valve guide and the valve?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    without actually opening it up to see it will be hard to say.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    without actually opening it up to see it will be hard to say.
    Thanks Sir Speedy, I guess I'll just have to make ready with money in case an overhaul is needed or may just buy surplus 22R in the market.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Losing Oil :  Leaking from Valve Cover?