New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    couple of questions..newbie sa maintenance ng kotse.

what's the worst thing that could happen if i haven't tuned up my car?
    about 15k na since the last tuneup. runs great pa rin naman. starts fine. no problems i have noticed. city idsi 2007 ang car.

about sa gas.
    who uses the e10 gas?
    is it cheap because of the octane level? easier consumed? or what?

mas mabilis ba mauubus ng kotse ang 10 liters ng e10? or 10 liters ng regular unleaded? or parehas lang yon?

disadvantages?

thanks sa answers...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by winferrer View Post

about 15k na since the last tuneup. runs great pa rin naman. starts fine. no problems i have noticed. city idsi 2007 ang car.
    hey bro, well if the car still runs good then dont do a tune-up. as what some of us say, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

also, 15K miles is still good and you'll probably need another 15K miles until you do a full Tune-Up. since the Spark Plugs usually lasts for 30K-60K miles, and even 100K miles for some newer cars (specially here in the US). but what you can do is check or do an Oil Change, check your Tire Pressure (Rotate if necessary) and replace the Air Filter.

aite, peace.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i didn't had a very good experience with e10...coz first of all my car is not fuel injected...so when i tried it pumapalya oto ko...i didnt notice shell's sign that it's recommended for fuel injected vehicles...so in terms of its combustion and octane rating, i didn't had the chance to try it

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

All things mechanical will need regular servicing to prevent premature failure of parts. These would include your car. It would be advisable to follow the recommended service interval for your car. It might be running good today but your oil might be the consistency of mud and would require replacing.

A tune up doesn't only replace the sparkplugs. Sparkplugs are cheap (although the City iDSI uses 8 of them) so replacing them at the proper interval should be done to maintain proper operation & efficiency of the engine. The oil (and oil filter) should be replaced as well because oil might not wear out as fast but it does get full of dirt & other impurities. When you replace your oil, what you are doing more of is removing all of the crap that gets into it.

about sa gas.
    who uses the e10 gas?
    is it cheap because of the octane level? easier consumed? or what?

mas mabilis ba mauubus ng kotse ang 10 liters ng e10? or 10 liters ng regular unleaded? or parehas lang yon?

disadvantages?

thanks sa answers...
    I don't use E10 simply because my car runs on LPG. Currently the price is at P27.30 per liter of LPG.

But if I had the choice, I would rather use straight gasoline because I believe that ethanol mixed gasoline tends to result in lower fuel mileage numbers. This is because ethanol has a lower heating value than gasoline. If you are feeling nationalistic though, you can help save our foreign currency reserves & use E10 gasoline. IMHO, the money savings in using unleaded vs E10 gasoline is too small to matter that much.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gh is correct on e10.
    yes, my car did run smoother. but i managed less kilometers.
    for a regular unleaded, i usually reach the 330 kms mark on one full tank.
    sa e10, i only reached around 270 kms on one full tank.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    it's probably about time you had it done. mas lalo na your oil change. ok lang the plugs because once something happens papalya sya. pero if you don't change your oil in 15k kms then you run the risk of accumulating sludge and damaging the engine.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    we have a super old mekaniko na...i used to have a lancer pizza type...super alam niya yung kotse ko dati. umabot ng 190k din ang lancer ko, before selling it, in top condition. then i got this city already, nagulat sya sa inside ng car. dali daw linisin ng filter, asa harap lang daw..

tapos...correct me and him if i'm wrong...

sabi niya apat lang spark plug ng city idsi 1300, yung automatic na meh plus minus sa gear na parang manual.

i checked the inside, parang ang nakita ko nga..apat lang? where are the other four? the four that i saw was under the covering nung logo na idsi,

tapos he said din,
    this car does not need a check in Timing? it only has one belt din daw?
    la rin daw kc carburetor.

i am going to change mechanics na. past his time na rin siguro, new cars na kc. but gusto ko lang ma clear if he had sense..sa mga sinabi niya?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we have a super old mekaniko na...i used to have a lancer pizza type...super alam niya yung kotse ko dati. umabot ng 190k din ang lancer ko, before selling it, in top condition. then i got this city already, nagulat sya sa inside ng car. dali daw linisin ng filter, asa harap lang daw..

tapos...correct me and him if i'm wrong...

sabi niya apat lang spark plug ng city idsi 1300, yung automatic na meh plus minus sa gear na parang manual.

i checked the inside, parang ang nakita ko nga..apat lang? where are the other four? the four that i saw was under the covering nung logo na idsi,

tapos he said din,
    this car does not need a check in Timing? it only has one belt din daw?
    la rin daw kc carburetor.

i am going to change mechanics na. past his time na rin siguro, new cars na kc. but gusto ko lang ma clear if he had sense..sa mga sinabi niya?
    imho. the city has a quite of difference "engine-wise" sa lancer. i am assuming that your lancer is carburated so regularly, you need to do engine timing.

pag injected kasi, the ECU normally adjusts the timing although you need to have it checked at least once a year.

walo nga daw ang spark plugs ng city/jazz. hindi pa nga lang ako nakakakita.

long time no tune up and e10 gas question