New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    tanong ko lang kung may (significant) handling performance if i install a lateral arm brace (rear). i already have a rear strut bar (have a front as well). also, does anybody here have used/tried gas additives? would it improve gas mileage? would it be good for the engine in the long run?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbrillo
    tanong ko lang kung may (significant) handling performance if i install a lateral arm brace (rear). i already have a rear strut bar (have a front as well). also, does anybody here have used/tried gas additives? would it improve gas mileage? would it be good for the engine in the long run?
    as for the brace, wala ako alam. sa additives, afaik, parang engine flush lang yan and the likes, mapapagastos ka lang kahit na hindi mo na kailangan. kung mag-aadditive ka, mag-synthetic motor oil ka na lang...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What car? Depends on how hard you want it. Making the rear ultra stiff improves handling, but maing it too stiff will make it kind of snappy.

So-so lang ang gas additives. To achieve the cleaning effect, just top off with the best gas you can buy... high octane already has detergent properties. Just make sure it's not pure race gas, as that can damage sensors...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    thanks.. its a 350z. nagiipon pa ako for a suspension kit (kung su-swertihin, nismo, so i could still retain the warranty). for the meantime, i was looking at this lateral arm brace :D

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    gas additives pala yung tanong. same pa rin tol, gastos lang yan. psychological effect lang mararamdaman mo.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah... 350Z? Then I guess it's a decent mod... mukhang cheap lang naman (had to look it up) but it seems you have to have an aftermarket exhaust installed for it to clear.

And if you are getting an exhaust kit to clear the brace, might as well get a K&N induction kit, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

lateral arm brace (rear) and gas additives...