New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Mga bossing,

First of all, I've been a long time absentee member of this board and have not yet been able to make any post. But I do hope you guys can help me out with my problem.

I drive a 94 Mitsu Lancer GLXI AT. The problem started about a week back. The car just dies down on me, be it on a high rev or just idling. The first time it happened I just assumed that it may be because the idling is a little too low * around 650. The first time it happened was when I was trying to park the car. But just yesterday, it died down on me thrice on EDSA. I already left the car at this recommended talyer just to see if they can spot the problem. But what do you guys think is the problem.

Btw, I already had my servo assembly replaced, as well as my air and fuel filter. I also had my injectors cleaned. All courtesy of Diamond motors, and frankly I do hope that I won't have to visit them any time soon. Sobrang mahal!!!

Guys, please help.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    palyado ba takbo mo pag idling lang?

mukhang sa kuryente ang problema mo...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yeah, sounds like and electrical problem. either the high ten wires, plugs or dist.

then pasabay mo nalang taas idle para ok na.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The last time that happened to me, maluwag pala ang wire na nakakabit sa condenser. Mga ilang hibla na lang ang natira. Siguro nasagi habang nililinis yung makina.

Kaya tuwing high rev ko, namamatay. Nung dinala ng dad ko, I had to tow him home.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    servo ata tawag dun. palagay ko yunang sira eh

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Sa tingin ko servo din. Since you've got it replaced, d na siguro ulit yun.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unless palpak ang pagkakakabit sa servo mo or defective yung part na naikabit.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Mga bossing,

Sorry for the long feedback and thank you for the responses. I already had my car fixed. The problem was with my spark plugs. Apparently, the water got to it during the engine wash I had a few months back. Konti lang naman daw ang nakapasok, parang moist lang kaya hindi agad bumigay, na corrode lang unti unti yung plugs hanggang sa bumigay lahat. I just had them all replaced at everything was ok again.

Thanks again guys and more power.

Lancer Problem Too