New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi guys! newbie here. I need your help. I had my toyota corola windshield replaced at banaue just a month ago only to have it found it broken again yesterday! I was just wondering it if has just to do with quality(which seems a bit obvious) or does the fact that the weather is extremely hot when we were traveling through the NLEX while having the aircon set into high makes it more vulnerable? A few drops of rain made the windshield shatter into small pieces. by the way, I think the windshield installed was only tempered. Does laminated ones have more resistance to weather conditions. I want to have it replaced as soon as possible but I want to make sure I'm getting a good(if not the best) windshield. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    AFAIK, parehong tempered ang tempered and laminated glass. The difference, is that laminated has an extra layer that will hold the poces together in case it shatters.

You might have gotten a defective windshield or one that was already damaged. I don't think weather conditions has anyting to do with your windshield. Kasi, kung ganoon dapat ang dami basag na windshield.

Try Aguila auto glass they do good work.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks! Ill be going to Aguila shaw tom. They quoted me a price of 3300 for the glass and 3800 for the molding. Thanks again!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Tried jumping on a laminated windshield by Aguila Glass on top of two tires in their plant at Laguna Technopark d namin nabasag.

laminated windshield replacement