New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    speedyfix: ah unga naman, "BRAKE"

m_ron: heat shield po ba un? nde backing plate

batang_raon14: ganun ba, napaayus mo?

katsudon_ph: sir napaayus mo po ba ung hydrolic cylinder of the brake.. the one with gasket.., nwala ung tunog?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Baka hindi na pantay ang pudpud ng rotor kaya may part na dun lang sya tumutunog, have it re-faced.
    or maybe stuck up ang piston. maybe needs some cleaning. have the entire braking system be check na rin.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    if it's not a backing plate then definitely not a heat shield rather more appropiately a splash shield

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    if it's not a backing plate then definitely not a heat shield rather more appropiately a splash shield
    not a splash shield,maybe mud guard.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i think backing plate. bec there is nothing in the hub assembly that needs heat protection. in the first place, it is subjected to continuous heat while running.... it happened to my car before. i had the ball bearing replaced and the mechanic bent the plate towards the rotor disc. so it grinded the rotor and damaged it. still is usable pero meron lubog on the inner side of the rotor disc. maliit lang ang clearance nito. slight bent or misalignment in installation, it will already touch the disc.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    well anyways i'll just check the whole brake system starting with the mentioned parts.. backing plate and so on.. thanks guys

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    deathlance: naayos naman nilinis then pinalitan ng brake cyclinder gasket ata tawag nun brand senkyu.. pero pag dinala mo sa case, they told me too replace the whole assembly which is expensive.

naalis po ung tunog..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    deathlance: Natanggal ung sound samen by changing the brake cylinder gasket rin. Same as katsudon's.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    batang_raon14,katsudon_ph: nde na ung hydraulic brake cylinder? nor the backing plate, so ang brake cylinder gasket pla ang may sala, kanu ba un? san mura at maayus mag pagawa di ko kasi alam baka madaya nila ako

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
kaskas sound sa breaks