New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just an FYI.....

There is none, and they do not manufacture.

What you see in the store or surplus na may naka lagay na metal tag sa body ng muffler saying JASMA means that it pass the old Japan regulations, its not a brand name!

What is JASMA?

The Japanese Automotive Sports Muffler Association

Basically they certify that mufflers are compliant with the old rules that Japan had, that kept mufflers "Clean"

Kind of tags:

Now that you know, stop asking for JASMA mufflers and be specific if you want HKS, Tanabe.... etc.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehehehehehehehehe Ayan, galit na si 1badgtsr.

FYI din, I have a Tanabe Race Medallion cat-back na uncertified by JASMA. Its a racing muffler which I got really cheap (no resonators whatsoever, almost straight piping and canister type muffler). Its really loud kaya siguro binenta ng mura, no one wanted to use it.

JASMA certifies that the emmissions and the NVH of the muffler pass through Japan's regulations. Hence, its safe to say that JASMA mufflers are more quiet, among other things.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ey Bro! :D

Hindi naman galit.... :mrgreen:

Nag popost din kasi ako sa isang bboard in Japan, I also noticed that yung ibang peeps would put up ads selling or wanting a JASMA muffler... Referring it madalas as a BRAND.... Kaya when I got to read about it sabi ko putsa dapat ma inform agad ang car peeps dito sa atin para hindi naman tayo ignorante at kakatawa.

So I hope this little info helps.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    True, information as such should be shared to all.

Btw bro, nakausap mo na ba yung contact ko for your you know what? ;)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    isa ako sa mga sinasabi ni 1badgtsr kala ko din dati brand yun ng muffler kasi sa evanghelista nagtanong ako kasi maraming nakadisplay sabi sa kin JASMA daw. tanong ako kung ano yun, sagot sa kin eh brand daw sa Japan. di naman ako bumili kasi duda ako.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks sa Info

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badGTS-R
    Just an FYI.....

There is none, and they do not manufacture.

What you see in the store or surplus na may naka lagay na metal tag sa body ng muffler saying JASMA means that it pass the old Japan regulations, its not a brand name!

What is JASMA?

The Japanese Automotive Sports Muffler Association
    Yup tama si 1badGTS-R common mufflers being sold here that are JASMA certified are tanabe and legalis.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Guys, just want to ask kung may alam kayo where to get those jasma approved mufflers...yung mga surplus. like tanabe, apexi, kakimoto.....help me pls. tagal nako nag hahanap ksi. thanks alot

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gboy29,

Sa Fusion R sa E. Rodriguez meron.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jasma approved yung akin pero di ko alam yung tatak...hassle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
JASMA Certified Mufflers [Merged]