New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Hi everyone. First time ko po magtanong. be gentle.

I purchased an Everest Trend last September and 5 weeks later my driver crashed it into a dump truck. Nobody was hurt but the damage was pretty serious. Airbags did not deploy, but the front, the bumper, the hood, wiring, sensors, wheel alignment, windshield, door, side mirrprs and chassis were all compromised.

Ford estimated repairs to be 890k. They aren't sure if the engine and transmission will also need to be replaced as they said the vehicle needs to be restored first, then road tested so they can find out. If those are damaged, that's at least 500k more.

The loan is with BPI for 4 yrs. It's insured by BPI MS - comprehensive with acts of nature. Despite Ford's recommendation to declare the vehicle as a total loss, BU insisted the vehicle be dismantled to check the engine and transmission. According to them, repair estimates need to be 75% of the vhicle value or higher. This has been going on for 3 weeks now.

I'm concerned cause Ford says that if the vehicle is not declared a total loss, it may take around a year to repair the vehicle. I think it's absurd that I should pay for the car for abyear and not be able to use it. I also don't feel secure about the car anymore. It looks like it's been autopsied and it's hard to imagine it being back to normal ever again.

I'm considering letting them reposess it if they don't want to declare it a TL. I'm being charged via auto dbit on my savings account. If I pull out all my money and tell them I voluntarily surrender the vehicle, what will happen? I'm sure I'll have a bad record but will there be legal implications?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Antayin mo na muna, hindi naman talaga outright declaration ng total loss proseso talaga yan.

Do you need to pay your bank? Of course, utang yun eh and hindi naman nila fault na nabangga at hindi mo magagamit yung sasakyan.

If hindi talaga declared total loss then
    talk to your bank and know your options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by markvilla21 View Post
    Hi everyone. First time ko po magtanong. be gentle.

I purchased an Everest Trend last September and 5 weeks later my driver crashed it into a dump truck. Nobody was hurt but the damage was pretty serious. Airbags did not deploy, but the front, the bumper, the hood, wiring, sensors, wheel alignment, windshield, door, side mirrprs and chassis were all compromised.

Ford estimated repairs to be 890k. They aren't sure if the engine and transmission will also need to be replaced as they said the vehicle needs to be restored first, then road tested so they can find out. If those are damaged, that's at least 500k more.

The loan is with BPI for 4 yrs. It's insured by BPI MS - comprehensive with acts of nature. Despite Ford's recommendation to declare the vehicle as a total loss, BU insisted the vehicle be dismantled to check the engine and transmission. According to them, repair estimates need to be 75% of the vhicle value or higher. This has been going on for 3 weeks now.

I'm concerned cause Ford says that if the vehicle is not declared a total loss, it may take around a year to repair the vehicle. I think it's absurd that I should pay for the car for abyear and not be able to use it. I also don't feel secure about the car anymore. It looks like it's been autopsied and it's hard to imagine it being back to normal ever again.

I'm considering letting them reposess it if they don't want to declare it a TL. I'm being charged via auto dbit on my savings account. If I pull out all my money and tell them I voluntarily surrender the vehicle, what will happen? I'm sure I'll have a bad record but will there be legal implications?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
    75% of the insured amount bago ma declare na total lost. Actually talo ka either way, Unang babayaran ng insurance banko ang matitira sa iyo, dahil bago pa most likely walang matitira. TY na yung DP mo at 2 months amort. If credit rating doesn't bother you ipa reposses o voluntary surender monalang, and you are right compromised nayung trend mo. Maganda sana kung may photo ka nung damage.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the chassis was compromised?

if the manufacturer itself, suggests it be a total loss, "who are the rest of us to argue?"
    in a court of law (wag sana umabot dito), sino paniniwalaan ng korte?
    my thoughts.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 11th, 2017 at 09:59 AM.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    If credit rating doesn't bother you ipa reposses o voluntary surender monalang, and you are right compromised nayung trend mo. Maganda sana kung may photo ka nung damage.
    nalala ko tuloy yun post recently na di naman daw nasira credit rating nya kasi nakapag loan pa sya ulit
    i guess di pa na update database ng blacklisting nun, baka ganun nalang gawin ni TS; utang sa ibang bangko muna hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Why is it based on the percentage of the amount and not extent of the damage? On a scenario that the A-pillars got damaged, the cost of repairing that might just be 50% of amount but the car is no longer safe and is normally declared a total loss.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    75% of the insured amount bago ma declare na total lost. Actually talo ka either way, Unang babayaran ng insurance banko ang matitira sa iyo, dahil bago pa most likely walang matitira. TY na yung DP mo at 2 months amort. If credit rating doesn't bother you ipa reposses o voluntary surender monalang, and you are right compromised nayung trend mo. Maganda sana kung may photo ka nung damage.
    Yes sir, talo na talaga ako ng 500k. Damage control na lang. I guess mas ok na yun kesa nagpalibing ako ng driver o nagsustento sa baldado. Kikitain naman uli yung pera.

Re: credit rating, as far as BPI is concerned lang naman po yun diba? Meron po ba universal na credit rating sa Pinas gaya sa ibang bansa? Thanks po as response.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    nalala ko tuloy yun post recently na di naman daw nasira credit rating nya kasi nakapag loan pa sya ulit
    i guess di pa na update database ng blacklisting nun, baka ganun nalang gawin ni TS; utang sa ibang bangko muna hehehe
    Oo nga sir. Nag conslt ako sa metrobank sabi nila wala naman kaso sa kanila at papautangin daw nila ako despite the BPI thing hehe

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevie View Post
    Why is it based on the percentage of the amount and not extent of the damage? On a scenario that the A-pillars got damaged, the cost of repairing that might just be 50% of amount but the car is no longer safe and is normally declared a total loss.
    My thoughts exactly. But of course, you know how theseinsurance companies are. Habang pwede kang gipitin, gigipitin ka.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by markvilla21 View Post
    Oo nga sir. Nag conslt ako sa metrobank sabi nila wala naman kaso sa kanila at papautangin daw nila ako despite the BPI thing hehe
    actually lahat ng bank bro, once napasok na nila name mo sa blacklist afaik.
    kung plano talaga gawain yan, kumuha kana ngayon; tsaka ka mag stop payment

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast