New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    folks,
    my innova got rear-ended bad. i was able to have it repaired fine (replaced the rear hatch and the bumper), but my problem now is my driver seat. the seat seems to have "collapsed". i don't sit as high as before, and my sandalan also seems to have reclined a bit. the plastic trim at the side is now nakasayad sa height adjust wheel. can you recommend a seat repair facility? thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    folks,
    my innova got rear-ended bad. i was able to have it repaired fine (replaced the rear hatch and the bumper), but my problem now is my driver seat. the seat seems to have "collapsed". i don't sit as high as before, and my sandalan also seems to have reclined a bit. the plastic trim at the side is now nakasayad sa height adjust wheel. can you recommend a seat repair facility? thanks.
    thought it was just the foam, but for this you need to buy a second hand seat or they will do a dr. pokpok scenario and re fabricate the plastic part with fiber or if they are in hitachi mode via 3d printer.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    folks,
    I think the reclining adjuster sub-assembly is bent. I guess the impact from the rear slammed the driver's torso into the backrest and bent the frame near the recliner mechanism.

To get to it, it needs to be disassembled and the upholstery and cushion removed. Once done, you can bring it to a competent latero to straighten it out. Though, you might want to consider buying a new seat and just transfer the cushion and upholstery (as some of those 'surplus' items are usually gross).

Instructions here: GSIC - Global Service Information Center

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I have good experience with Leder Interia at South Triangle, QC. Don't know if that can still be fixed though.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    thank you, all.
    i suspected as such.
    but just in case,
    ...anyone know where i can get a complete surplus seat, cheap?
    Last edited by dr. d; January 16th, 2020 at 11:39 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    thank you, all.
    i suspected as such.
    but just in case,
    ...anyone know where i can get a complete surplus seat, cheap?

my technique, it always pay off. during pms i befriend the mechanics.

now my trooper is super old, no need for those expensive casa pms, yet the mehcanic i befriended in isuzu told me where to get parts outside from casa where isuzu themselves source their part.

same stuff when our civic door got bashed, just asked the honda guy wehre I can buy new doors (mga nga total wreck pero okay pa doors).

here you can call toyota, bluff your way tell them you just need to talk to your mechanic friend- he will know where to get a surplus seats.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Doc, you can have them upholstered at seatmate,mg square, seat tailors.

For second hand, banawe is a good place. When i needed parts when my brothers innova was in an accident i just source from a parts guy in banawe via fb messenger. Search for him in fb. His name is ryan clavecilla

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    folks,
    follow-up.
    i had the car's compressor clutch fixed yesterday. it was getting erratic. sometimes, i would drive home in a sweat. in-adjust lang. inabutan ko lang ng mahal na panigarilyo.
    then, i innocently mentioned the car's driver seat problem.
    the aircon guy pointed me to another guy just around the corner, who fixes these.
    i drove over there, whereupon the second guy got the seat out of the car, and proceeded to baklas it. it was all over in an hour and a half.
    "the adjuster gear jumped a few teeth."
    and while we were doing it, a third guy noticed my absent front hood trim. (the replacement after the bangga was so flimsy, it tore off as i was raising the hood.)
    he got me a new one and installed it. chrome plastic, but looked beefy enough.

total cost: 400 + 1800 + 2850 = 5,050 .

"when you go to banawe, have more than extra money in your pocket. you never know..."

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    follow-up.
    i had the car's compressor clutch fixed yesterday. it was getting erratic. sometimes, i would drive home in a sweat. in-adjust lang. inabutan ko lang ng mahal na panigarilyo.
    then, i innocently mentioned the car's driver seat problem.
    the aircon guy pointed me to another guy just around the corner, who fixes these.
    i drove over there, whereupon the second guy got the seat out of the car, and proceeded to baklas it. it was all over in an hour and a half.
    "the adjuster gear jumped a few teeth."
    and while we were doing it, a third guy noticed my absent front hood trim. (the replacement after the bangga was so flimsy, it tore off as i was raising the hood.)
    he got me a new one and installed it. chrome plastic, but looked beefy enough.

total cost: 400 + 1800 + 2850 = 5,050 .

"when you go to banawe, have more than extra money in your pocket. you never know..."
    Binawasan nanaman ng washer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Binawasan nanaman ng washer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yespo.
    "doc, huling washer na yan. pag nag-luko ulit, palit clutch na yan. 6K."