New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nah you don't have to study in the US just to be ASE certified(fuc$ing expensive to study automotive here,it range from $14k up).Anyone who has a good knowledge in automobile can take the ASE certification.Just buy the test prep and you're good to go.It's like taking microsoft mcse and cisco ccna certs
    May pag-asa pa pala ko. :lol: Kaso may renewal ang ASE certification diba? Para updated ka parati sa mga bagong sasakyan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ^^ if you have 2 years experienced in automotive.I guess you can ,just tell them you work in mario's air condition repair.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    That's the spirit!!

M ron impress sayo sir Jake a.k.a as Dieseldude. Masaya na ako kung mabiyayaan mo ako ng maski kalahati man lang ng nowledge at experience mo diyan masaya na ako. "I only bow to a greater man" BONO U2

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TY.pero puros google search lang yan.La talaga akong alam.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    you can't learn it overnight and a year is too short to learn all about automotive. why not concentrate on one subject (e.g. ac, engine mechanical, suspension, etc) and learn other areas later. what you will learn at the school is mostly theories and you also need to learn the actual trade.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    imho.... you cannot just learn all about the nitty-gritty of vehicles from schools, you get that from experience... you may have completed your course but you are not applying the things you've learned, so its basically useless.

magsasasama ka lang sa mga tao dito, basically you will learn new things everyday.

oo nga, mag put up ka ng shop na libre detailling and everything tapos ikaw gagawa....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    mga bro tnx sa replies but im still confuse on what am i going to do to learn evrything about auto repairing. correct me if im wrong but as far as i understand, i dont need to enroll in any school. all i have to do is buy the book, Automotive Mechanics by Grouse and Anglin and a surplus engine for me to learn. tpos if i still want to continue learning, thats the time when i enroll. tama ba?

additional question lang, ok lng ba na bumili ako ng lumang kotse unf mga worth 12-30K tpos un ung pag praktisan ko?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ken,

What interest you most about cars? Engine- diesel or gasoline? Powertrain-AT or Manual transmission, Differentials. Transfer case, wheels and brake systems, suspensions. Electricals. Start at one and then your curiousity will bring you to the next. Never stop asking questions no matter how rediculous it is. Dito sa thread sanay na kami sa mga wierd questions and yet sinasagot pa rin namin.

The book I suggested will answer most of your questions.

If you have a car buy a manual on CD and start applying DIY. If you think you have the patience to repair your car and your friends' ride then your up for the task.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bro, I have that book. You will not be an overnight mechanic just by reading that. Apat na taon ko na ata binabasa iyan pero dito pa din ako sa forums nagtatanong. hehehe.

Tama si t2 erns mag-specialize ka or mag-focus muna sa isang subject. Tignan mo ang Cruven specialty nila suspension, si Mang Mario aircon, si Allen Isidro (nung nasa Pinas pa siya) auto body and paint ang specialty niya. Then just expand from there.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Dito sa thread sanay na kami sa mga wierd questions and yet sinasagot pa rin namin.
    naalala ko tuloy yung nagtanong ng "bakit di lumalamig aircon ko kapag naka-patay oto ko"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
i want to know evrything about cars. pls help