New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    mga bro i want to know evrything about car reparing sana. all info sna na kelangan. from air conditioning to engines..bsta lahat. i am planning to go to the US sometime next year and balita dun na malakas daw na business ung ganito. anong school ung ok. good instructors, hand-ons training, good schedule, where i can enroll anytime and not so expensive tuition fees. hehe.. wat do you recommend mga bro? wala talaga akong alam about cars kasi. i just know how to drive. un lang alam ko nothing more. kaya i need your help. tnx..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Sa Samson Institute of Technology or Don Bosco Technological Institute. Or any Tesda Accredited organization.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Tesda...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho.... you cannot just learn all about the nitty-gritty of vehicles from schools, you get that from experience... you may have completed your course but you are not applying the things you've learned, so its basically useless.

magsasasama ka lang sa mga tao dito, basically you will learn new things everyday.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i agree with Happy_Gilmore

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ok lang mag-aral ka sa tesda para malaman mo ang theory.

combine mo rin ang experience through OJT. kahit alang sahod ok lang.

at...wag mong kalilimutan mag-basa ng forum sa tsikot.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diba you have to be ASE certified to work in an automotive repair facility sa U.S.? Why don't you study there para sabay na din ng certification after.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Diba you have to be ASE certified to work in an automotive repair facility sa U.S.? Why don't you study there para sabay na din ng certification after.
    nah you don't have to study in the US just to be ASE certified(fuc$ing expensive to study automotive here,it range from $14k up).Anyone who has a good knowledge in automobile can take the ASE certification.Just buy the test prep and you're good to go.It's like taking microsoft mcse and cisco ccna certs.

*kendiman,
    Good thinking.Pero its better kung may experience ka na rin.That way you'll not end up in pep boys.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    kendiman,

They are right. Theory and a bunch of engines lang ang nasa schools. The lessons from the teacher alone will not make you a mechanic. Its how you use it in your car or the real work place that will make you one.

Buy and read Automotive Mechanics by Grouse and Anglin. After reading and you think you still want to learn more and do the actual. Enroll ka na.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Buy a suplus engine and repair manaul,tear it apart then return all the parts to specs then return it to the place were you bought the engine tell them you got the wrong engine swap it with a V6 engine,tear it apart again.next get an inline 6 tear it apart... and so on and on on.....you'll learn.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
i want to know evrything about cars. pls help