New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon
    depends sa car yung diameter ng pipings eh... kung 2.0L displacement and up, bitin ang 2" eh imho
    yup, i agree with you on that... but his car is only a 1.6L

he can change that to 2" but it is costly as he'll only gain a meager amount of hp (and as i've mentioned, possible torque loss)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang stock ba ng civic 1.75"?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    guys,

would a budget of 16K be enough for an IHE upgrade (including header wraps)? :?:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok na cguro yan, baka may sukli ka pa eh :mrgreen:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    wat if Intake lang i upgrade (simota or K&N), headers/pipings & Exhaust all stock - meron ba SIGNIFICANT gain sa power?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There will be slight as a pinch of gain, but not noticeable. But you will definitely feel money loss after buying it. :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as a general rule, pipe diameters of more than 2.5" are only effective for cars with forced induction. as mazdax2 said, you will feel some torque (arangkada) loss if you put this stuff on a N/A car.

while installing an intake is very easy, installing headers/downpipe/exhaust is not for beginners. you'll definitely need power tools, a lift, and maybe even welding/cutting equipment depending on your car's stock parts.

on a 1.6, i wouldn't expect gains of more than 15-20 hp - and that's if all the parts work perfectly with each other

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    anong nga bang diameter ang stock pipings ng civic?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    I have a 2.2 liter vtec accord, anong ok na header pwede?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Allow me to express my opinion, but I think the whole idea of I/H/E engine modification is amiss. If you really think about it, I/H/E is actually the reverse order in which these mods have to be done. Thus it should be the other way around--E/H/I.

My reason behind this is that it is pointless and counterproductive to increase the intake capacity if the exhaust itself is restrictive--which it normally is if it is stock quiet, right? Afterall, what's the use of having a better, higher flowing, more efficient intake if the engine cannot expel the additional air and fuel out of the exhaust?

So if the car's exhaust is quiet(which it likely is, if it is stock and is in good condition), then the obvious system that needs to modded first is the exhaust. Only after the exhaust flow capacity has been increased will any improvements in the intake really take effect.

Now, as to the proper logical order of the modifications, if they are to be done on a step-by-step basis, I think the exhaust AFTER THE HEADERS/MANIFOLD should be taken care of first. This should be followed by the headers AND the porting, done together/simultaneously(smoothing of flow surfaces in the intake and exhaust ports), then finally the intake, which should be done last.

To recap, the order of the mods should be as follows:
    1. Exhaust pipe AFTER the manifold(obviously includes the muffler, resonator, and everything in between the exhaust manifold and the tail pipe)
    2. Headers AND head porting. The surfaces of the ports are smoothened and polished and matched with the headers and the intake manifold.
    3. Replacement of standard air intake with Cold Air Intake or Ram Air Intake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
i/h/e