New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    guys, i need your help. psensiya na, wala po akong alam.

what type (brand) of i/h/e would be the best for an a/t civic lxi? it's a daily driven car.

approx. how much HP would i gain from installing all these mods?

will this, in any way, have an effect sa emissions test?

for the muffler, what would you guys recommend na hindi masyado maingay during high rpm?

finally, where is the best place to get these mods installed? paki include na rin yung prices.

salamat!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    schizo,

Meron akong OEM muffler galing Sentra GTS. Pero easily adaptable ito to any make baka gusto mo. Hindi siya kasing ingay ng sa Freemuff and mas malalim ang tunog. I just don't know kung may HP gains ka with this muffler. Php 2K only.

K&N is usually the best pero mahal. If you go with Simota, take good care of it. Never use high water or air pressure and use the proper cleaning kit at the proper intervals.

Most aftermarket intakes are CARB (California Air Resources Board?) certified, they will not affect your emissions in any significant way.

These mods are best installed in your garage by yourself. Madali lang iyan. Bonding pa kayo ng car mo.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    you can get K&N filters and a FREMUFF or AutoXer's Mandrel Bent headers at 7.5k sulit ito and keep d stock muffler for no noise travel!!!

On my Civic VTi A/T, I got Simota Air filter (planning 2 get d K&N soon), DC sports 4-2-1, and orig. Honda Sports stainless muffler. HP gain, yes! ramdam na ramdam koang gain, but it increased my gas consumption a bit. siyempre, gusto mong humataw eh..... lalakas nga sa gas! but still nothing beats the manual......

Try to visit us at www.hondaclub.com.ph for your civic's technical inquiries.....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i suggest that you get a free flow muffler if ur gonna install aftermarket headers and intake systems. if u dont, you'll feel the restriction of getting rid of the exhaust/waste gases of combustion which will result in that "pigil ang hatak" feeling pag umaarangkada ka. ganon kasi setup ko ngayon eh: simota air filter, jasma spec muffler, pero stock pipings. ayun, parang pigil sa gitna dahil added intake, pagdating sa gitna, sakal yung exhaust kasi stock 1.75" lang pipings ko tapos free flow muffler. to maximize power gains, or at least the feeling of power gains :mrgreen: , get the complete package na of I/H/E IMHO.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    OTEP,
    sir, thanks for the offer. i'll keep that in mind. anyway, i'm not sure if i'm capable of installing these mods. baguhan lang kasi ako. baka magkamali or may masira ako. hehehe.. medyo tight yung budget, so i don't have the extra cash for repairs (if ever).

fr3d3rick,
    sir, stainless ba yung headers ni AutoXer? saan po located yung shop niya? also, magkano ang kuha mo sa dc headers?

ssaloon,
    sir, sorry.. medyo na-confuse ako.. iba pa ba yung pipings sa headers itself? or are they one and the same thing?

guys.. thanks for your patience. pasensiya na kayo, baguhan lang kasi ako.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pipings yung pipe connecting the headers to the muffler

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    i've read somewhere na if i change my pipings say to 2-1/4" i need to remove the cat and it would be hard to pass the emmisions test?

is this true?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think hinde kasi i think may cat na kasama yun na bago eh... and one more thing, why would there be aftermarket cats kung di pwede lagyan aftermarket pipings?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMHO

don't mess with your stock pipings... lalo na IHE lang naman ang upgrade mo, you just really need to chage that when using force induction upgrades. if you really want to change your pipings hanggang 2" lang. you'll end up losing torque when you have oversized pipings.

if you want that sleeper look, filter, headers and port & polish ka na lang.

as for spark plugs and wires, you'd be better of with your stock ones unless you also change your ignition system.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends sa car yung diameter ng pipings eh... kung 2.0L displacement and up, bitin ang 2" eh imho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
i/h/e