New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    guys, help me out on how to tune up my car.. gusto kong bumalik ung dati nyang takbo..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Change plugs, tune-up, get synthetic oil, advance your timing a bit, change plug wires (to high tension, if you want, but brand new stock wires will be just as good), re-grease cv joints and drive axles, Buy new battery terminals, shave down contact points for your stock ground wire (where the negative pole of the battery is attached to the body) and/or buy a grounding wire kit... replace your air filter... clean your fuel injectors, get a combustion chamber cleaning... andaming gagawin... :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Basically you start with the basics:
    - change oil (kahit hindi synthetic) every 5,000kms is recommended)
    - change spark plugs (use the OEM NGK BKR6E or BKR5E)
    - change your fuel and air filters (this should be done every 20,000kms)
    - check the timing setting
    - clean PCV filter
    - have the engine compression checked
    - change all your fluids: brake, coolant, PS, gear
    - change the spark plug wires if this has not been done since the car was new (use OEM)
    - overhaul the carburator: make sure you go to a reputable mechanic or shop for this.
    - add a ground wire kit.

If you hear any noise/clatter on the engine, have the timing chain tensioners checked. Check also your belts while at it.

Check out na rin: www.nissanbayan.com

4. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Basically you start with the basics:
    - change oil (kahit hindi synthetic) every 5,000kms is recommended)
    - change spark plugs (use the OEM NGK BKR6E or BKR5E)
    - change your fuel and air filters (this should be done every 20,000kms)
    - check the timing setting
    - clean PCV filter
    - have the engine compression checked
    - change all your fluids: brake, coolant, PS, gear
    - change the spark plug wires if this has not been done since the car was new (use OEM)
    - overhaul the carburator: make sure you go to a reputable mechanic or shop for this.
    - add a ground wire kit.

If you hear any noise/clatter on the engine, have the timing chain tensioners checked. Check also your belts while at it.

Check out na rin: nissanbayan.com
    hi guys, i bought a 2000 Nissan sentra ex saloon yesterday. question, ung spark plug na OEM NGK BKR6E or BKR5E from above post, yan din ba ung pede kong gamitin na spark plug for my car? gusto ko rin kasi palitan ung spark plug ng car ko. thanks!

how to tune-up my nissan sentra ex saloon 1993 model