New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    owned a 1st gen CRV once...
    most AT vehicle ATF measurements should be while the engine is running...

also check your dipstick what atf type does it needs... Dexron,Mercon etc,...

this tranny could be starving of ATF or the filter is dirty. I believe AT is hydraulic/pressure type. it needs hydraulic fluid pressure to drive...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    suggest ko is to have your trans flushed try to have the atf drained and if you search the net they would say draining would only be about 50 to 60 percent kasi theother will be in the pumps and lines so dont know where there is a center where they can pump out the old atf with new ones and also try to have the filter cleaned hehehe kasi i have a pregio and it was funny one mechanic did not want to remove pan lame excuse wala daw gasket hehehe so drained it only after a while hmmm did seem to work better but my problem of losing my reverse meaning i would be able to reverse after a few kms around 10km us and i notice it would be normal again if i shut down engine for less than 5 sec start it tranny a ok again so was thinking baka nga filter or something kasi if bad trans or over heated atf 5 secs shut off wont cool it down that much to make trans work like it was new, so found someone to open pan for 300 labor and according to him it was clogged they also said they would turn the engine several times to pump out the other atf so better than my frist atf drain and so far am happy with the trans again it seems to be working fine at least i dont have to shut engine off after running a certain distance for the reverse to work again if i used it for short distance my reverse is like what you claim it takes 4 to 5 secs before engaging and also it is weaker in pull than the usual if i restart engine so try it have the filter changed or cleaned first hey i mean thats only 300 labor 4 liters atf of about 150 each cheaper than a 20k overhaul hehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
how to speed up engagement at first gear?