New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    plano kong tanggalin ang roofrails ng sasakyan ko,
    crv gen1 and ford explorer (not sporttrac)
    gusto ko kasi subukan un on-road look...

meron na ba nakagawa nito?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wag mo ng tanggalin kasi may butas na yang pinagkabitan ng roof rail kung ibinarena yan.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Actually it ain't really rocket science to remove roof rails. I did it twice na, once on a car that used only 3M double sided tape and the other that used drilled bolts.

Medyo matigas rin ang 3M mounted, super strong but it can be removed. I slowly twisted lang on the mounts until I could see the tape then I car carefully sliced it off in a peeling motion. When they were completely removed, the most difficult part was trying to remove the 3M left on the roof itself. After trying real hard not to scratch the paint surface, there was still a good number of portions next so I just had it sanded-off completely and spray painted again.

So goes for the bolt mounted type. Kailangan talaga ng body filler and repaint din but it is only a half day job. No big deal.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ipatangal mo sa talyer, dahil pagkatangal niyan sigurado may butas at kailangan masilyahan at pinturahan... kung hindi papasukan ng tubig ang sasakayan mo kapag umuulan... at saka pagmumulan iyun butas na iyan ng kalawang...

sayang tama si Syuryuken whag mo na tangalin roof rail...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    took my roofrail off of my expedition and i actually like the whole street truck look.
    i just took all the screws off and i used teflon tape,wrap the screws with teflon tape and put the screws back to where the holes were.the screws are flushed so no one even sees them.
    as far as leaks?..ive had them for two winters now and still not a leak inside my truck.

kung OEM naman na sasakyan, madali lang alisin then may covers na din yan...

hay for the name of "look"..kasama sa binayaran mo yun,e...

pwede bigay mo nalang sa akin roof rails mo :naughty2: ayaw mo naman na nun,e...
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; October 5th, 2007 at 12:06 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    hay for the name of "look"..kasama sa binayaran mo yun,e...

pwede bigay mo nalang sa akin roof rails mo :naughty2: ayaw mo naman na nun,e...
    yup.its part of what i payed so that means i can do whatever i want with it,right?
    and its not just all look neither.the engines packing bout 600HP too so nothing heavy is allowed in the truck
    you can have the roof rack for 50$ if you want.i dont use it and dont intend to put it back in the truck anymore.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Deedee - Neat truck! Your side-graphix and rims go well together .

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Deedee - Neat truck! Your side-graphix and rims go well together .
    thnxz man

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    nakapag-decide na ako
    iiwan ko nalng un roofrails..
    pero nagpa-estimate ako sa ford casa
    15k daw lahat lahat fyi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
how to remove roofrails? anyone? :)