New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Wasn't your VW built before emissions control became standard? Meaning it is a non-legislative vehicle (no emissions control systems on board). I'm not sure when emissions control became standard, in the U.S. I think it was 1966, but other parts of the world did not immediately follow suit.

We also have a non-legislative vehicle (1946) and non-appearance na lang sa emissions testing because even with everything set to factory specs, the chances of failing are still high. This is because there were really no set emissions standards during the time of the engine's manufacture.

Same case din with the vehicles of other members of the Vintage Car Club. I don't attend the meetings much but I think they are planning to take steps to exempt pre-emissions control/historic/vintage vehicles from emissions testing.
    Not really sure if our Bug is a post-emissions legislation car although the year model seems to indicate that it is (1972). We just had it tested and it passed naman.

Here's a pic of our Bug:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jundogg View Post
    as ive said in my last post, we tried so hard to fix the car but the fault is at the ET center. so what can we do about that?

kakaintroduce palang noon ng ET as LTO registration requirement kaya di pa ganun karami ang accredited shops. at sa shop na pinagdalahan namin ay madaya talaga at pabibo. they would blow out all the gas in your car para maglabasan lahat ng usok ng car. ofcourse ano laban namin sa ganun. even if your car is clean, they will make a way to fail it, well we can't do anything about it but to give what they want (indirectly). we all know how they do naman di ba? unless the car is oh so brand new, tsak yun pasado.

as for the maintenance of the vehicle. shempre, we make sure na A1 condition lagi ang sasakyan namin for everyones' safety as well as nature's sake.

to the TS:

just keep your VW in good running condition. gastusan mo kung kelangan, kung kelangan talaga and not for the sake of passing the ET. do what's right for the car. but if failed parin, well you know the plan B :evillaugh
    Kaya nga... go to another testing center, elsewhere, and test, and see if it's really the testing center that's making your car fail.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    "at sa shop na pinagdalahan namin ay madaya talaga at pabibo. they would blow out all the gas in your car para maglabasan lahat ng usok ng car."

Revving before testing of the car is one of the emission testing procedure. Kung mapapansin mo the technician do the test on gasoline engine in idle not in accelerating unlike diesel engine, kasi mas polluted ang gasoline engine kapag nakaidle habang inaaccelerate mo to nawawala na. They did it for a reason like your vehicle did not reach at normal temperature habang tinetest or they blow out the bad gases from the tail pipe so the machine will not detect it.
    If its happened to your ford lynx I'm sure your car failed on CO. Actually gas engine dont have a smoke kung meron man meron nang problema internal parts nito. Ganyan din ako dati akala ko usok lang ang tinetesting but after I understand the meaning of the hydrocarbon (HC) and carbon monoxide (CO) napaka importante pala na kailangan makapasa sa emission kung hindi ako or family ko maaring mamatay sa ilang segundo lang.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Wasn't your VW built before emissions control became standard? Meaning it is a non-legislative vehicle (no emissions control systems on board). I'm not sure when emissions control became standard, in the U.S. I think it was 1966, but other parts of the world did not immediately follow suit.

We also have a non-legislative vehicle (1946) and non-appearance na lang sa emissions testing because even with everything set to factory specs, the chances of failing are still high. This is because there were really no set emissions standards during the time of the engine's manufacture.

Same case din with the vehicles of other members of the Vintage Car Club. I don't attend the meetings much but I think they are planning to take steps to exempt pre-emissions control/historic/vintage vehicles from emissions testing.
    di ba the LTO before came up with a policy that they wont allow the registration of cars of a certain age? Was it 10 years or 20-year old cars?

Kasi if so, vintage cars wont need to be exempted from the ET, they would simply be not allowed to register anymore. My car is already 11 years old, but I see many cars on the road that are even older than mine. What happened to that policy?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Go to LTO San Juan... along UERM, Aurora Blvd. Hanapin mo si Matty tpos alam na nya yun sabihin mo kailangan mo ipasa yung Emission ^_^ abutan mo nlang after :-P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
How to make a VW Bug pass emissions test