New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    tnx sa maraming replies,better change engine nga cguro.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    follow up ques lang,
    sulit naman kaya ang IHE sa 1.5 EFI engine?
    may significant increase kya sa torque?
    tnx

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No. IHE on any engine between 1.3 and 1.6 gives you more top-end power, but if the size is too big, you'll lose a lot of torque. Kaya nga when I did this before, I just added up to the point where I was comfortable with the trade-off of torque for horsepower.

&$#&*^% nga lang, my brother went one step further and ruined the balance... oh well. :lol:

For small engines, the only way to increase torque effectively is either turbocharging, or re-boring or swapping to a bigger block, if it's available.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp
    Kung 2E ang makina, may nabibiling 2ETurbo. SMall but terrible. Pero don't expect to kick 1600's asses. Hehe.
    is that safe and effective?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Safe? If it is installed correctly, yes. Effective? Just go for a 4E-FTE.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    No. IHE on any engine between 1.3 and 1.6 gives you more top-end power, but if the size is too big, you'll lose a lot of torque. Kaya nga when I did this before, I just added up to the point where I was comfortable with the trade-off of torque for horsepower.

&$#&*^% nga lang, my brother went one step further and ruined the balance... oh well. :lol:

For small engines, the only way to increase torque effectively is either turbocharging, or re-boring or swapping to a bigger block, if it's available.
    so wala na bang pwedeng "simple" at sulit na performance upgrade para sa mga small engines kung city driving ka lang (yung hindi ka naman madalas mag high rev), pwera yung mga binanggit mong methods, masyado na kasing kumplikado na yung mga minention mo e
    tnx

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    yes. tama nga. the trade off ng IHE is loss of muscle for gaining some ponies. ang restricted exhaust creates higher backpressure-thus generating torque at the expense of horsepower.

kung ayaw mo ng turbocharging e di supercharger na lang. same potency.

napansin ko lang, mula nang magpalit ako from stock air filter to filtercharger (Intake upgrade), it takes time to get the sweet spot, at times sluggish at lower rpm, but when you have reached the high rpm's damn it's exhilarating...
    Last edited by ian_rex; January 6th, 2006 at 09:07 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Safe? If it is installed correctly, yes. Effective? Just go for a 4E-FTE.
    Anu ba diff ng 4e-fte? Dami ko nakikitang post na ganyan kaso no idea kung anung klase engine/spec nyan... inform me. thanks.

and for me to stop recommending 2e-turbo. hehehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4E-FTE

Displacement: 1331cc
    Compression Ratio: 8.2:1
    Bore & Stroke: 74 x 77.4
    Power Output: 133hp(100kw)*6400rpm
    Torque: 16kg/cm*4800rpm
    Injectors: 4 x 295cc/min
    Turbo Model: CT-9
    Factory Boost: 0.40bar(5psi)Lo, 0.65bar(9psi)Hi

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've seen those around for sale. But it's hard for me to recommend swaps with such old engines, as it's a touch and go kind of thing... 50/50 ang chances na wala siyang problema.

If all you do is city driving and you need more pick up and go, the best advice I can give is to get lighter mags and tires (unless you're on steelies already :lol: ) ROTA's AutoX 15" mags are only around 10-11 lbs. After that, you can remove as much useless stuff inside as you can. Exchanging your spare for a temporary spare (yung super nipis) will save you around 10-15 lbs, and will cost you only 500-1000 (Evangelista or Banaue). Just put back your full-sized spare if you're going long distances.

Also, If you leave the stock headers on and change the rest of the exhaust, you'll have some more pick up at the high end without sacrificing torque. Alternatively, you can change to aftermarket headers while leaving on the stock exhaust, but the added heat in the engine bay won't be worth it.

My personal preference is stock headers (keeps good low end), removal of silencers and upgrading of mid-pipe (added 1-2 hp, faster revving), and stock muffler. (para tahimik). It'll "feel" better, without being too laggy at low rpm.

Whether you change the airfilter is up to you... like ian_rex said, it takes longer to get to the "sweet spot", and additionally, it causes the engine to run sluggish in hot conditions and traffic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
how to increase torque