New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by wildthing
    Malalim ba at kita na ang primer or metal? If not....try using rubbing compound (turtle wax liquid na rubbing compound or 3M brand ang suggestion ko). Then pag medyo nagpantay na, follow it up with meguires #2 (step 2) and kung merong kang nakikitang swirl marks follow it up with meguires #1 (step 1). Kung nag-clear up na wax (carnuba preferably) and buff to shine. Use cotton terry (or towels) na malinis...use it damp and use one on each type of material (1 for rubbing compound, 1 or step 2, etc) para hindi macontaminate.

After step 2 at hindi pa nakuha, you can go back to the rubbing compound....or continue with step 2 until maging very minimal na ang marka.

Kung malalim....I believe you'll have to have it filled and repainted.

HTH.
    sa procedure ba na ito magpapantay ba ang kulay ng may scratch sa walang scratch. kasi ako gumamit ng 3m finish restorer tapos wax ko lang. pag sa harap ko tiningnan di halata scratch pero pag sa sides halata pa rin.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    nagasgasan din bumper ko. pano ba inaapply touch up paint provided ng dealer in small can? pwede ba basahan lang? same lang ba treatment sa metal and plastic kasi bumber plastic di ba?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any painter that can't match metallic paints perfectly needs to learn how or get a new job. from personal experience, it is much harder to match a plain white than most metallics.

here are my suggested options:

touch up paint - may work OK if the scratches are small and are down low on the bumper. some people say to let it dry and buff it out to even it - i never tried this and have no idea how it comes out

do it yourself with a spray can - IMO this is the worst option. even if you lay it down perfectly (and this is tough to do without experience) spray can paint cannot be color-matched, has a tendency to fisheye (bubble), and you will have problems down the road if you do not sand and prep properly.

pay a pro to spot blend it - they sand it down, prep the surface, and paint the affected area, using the clearcoat to blend the repair into the existing paint. in my previous career, i have done this more than a hundred times and it comes out PERFECT.

pay a pro to repaint the whole bumper - they really won't repaint the whole thing...just repaint the damaged area, and clearcoat the whole bumper. i don't like this option as much because you have a fully repainted whole bumper, and a repaint, no matter how well done, never looks as good as OEM paint

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anybody here uses GS27 scratch remover? this is what i use..effective in removing surface scratches...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ako ang ginagamit ko e yung mga ginagamit ng pintor ng kotse sa shop na rubbing compound, pero i use it with caution, saka mga minor scraches lang. yung mga gasgas na malalim talaga, naku ewan ko ba. lalo kapag lumitaw yung primer.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    has anyone here ever used touch up paint? i keep hearing it recommended pero ok sana if may nakagawa na and ok yung labas it seems we all want a cheap, safe way of getting rid of those bumper marks :p

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    how much ba ang parepaint ng whole bumper? i mean yun average price sa mga paintshops dito? tnx... may ipaparepaint ako kasi eh pero gold ang color

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have not used the touch-up paint that goes along with the car which is suppose to be of the same color as the orig paint, pero isn't this suppose to give you the same color? Yun nga lang, paano kaya i-apply ng even?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How to fix minor scratches the right way?