New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by HBOY
    most of the people i have encountered have griped about the lack of power of the civics... mostly because its power is in the high rpms unlike the toyotas ang mitsu... hence you have to redline the car.... if not.. parang mabagal yan.... baka lang nde sanay yung driver ihataw yun.

i've met and encountered people who have griped about the lack of power in their corolla vehicles...

in some other forum, some people describe the corolla engines as "LAGGARD" 8O :?

i think, ung "lakas ng oto" is a very relative term. 8O

"different strokes for different folks" :D

8)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano yung Laggard??.. anyway.. so far.. nung may AE92 kami.. masaya ko sa power nya... right at the heart of the RPM band... unlike yung honda namin.. na kailangan talaga pasigawin mo yung makina para humataw.. ehehehe

yup.. nasa nagmamaneho rin yan kung mabagal ang kotse or not....:mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    laggard = sluggish ata...

yup sarap ihataw nga ang AE92 na corolla! gaan ng kaha, and tulin ng arangkada!

did i just make a rhyme? :lol:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon
    laggard = sluggish ata...

yup sarap ihataw nga ang AE92 na corolla! gaan ng kaha, and tulin ng arangkada!

did i just make a rhyme? :lol:
    cont....

gaan ng kaha, and tulin ng arangkada... kaya bili na ng honda!.. bwahaha. jk lang po mga people! :lol: :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fenris,

IMO yung colt mo mabilis kasi magaang ang overall caja nito vs sa power ng engine (weight:power ratio mo ay mababa). 1400 Mitsubishi at that time...malamang saturn engine (the famous saturn engine from the old EL Lancer)....famous sa racing circuit as one of the old school engine preference. Kung astron man iyun okay pa rin...the box-type mitsu lancer have an entry engine na 1400 astron.

my 2 cents.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by 20bulbsXL
    Quote Originally Posted by HBOY
    most of the people i have encountered have griped about the lack of power of the civics... mostly because its power is in the high rpms unlike the toyotas ang mitsu... hence you have to redline the car.... if not.. parang mabagal yan.... baka lang nde sanay yung driver ihataw yun.

i've met and encountered people who have griped about the lack of power in their corolla vehicles...

in some other forum, some people describe the corolla engines as "LAGGARD" 8O :?

i think, ung "lakas ng oto" is a very relative term. 8O

"different strokes for different folks" :D

8)
    Actually a Corolla with 4AFE is pretty slow as compared to some other cars like Sentra or 323 Familia. I used to drive a Sentra 1.6 series2, modified with more than just I/H/E, and drag raced against a good number of other cars. Usually, if its against a Corolla AE89 or AE101 (4AF or 4AFE equipted) doesn't do very well against my car. The same goes for Lancer. The cars that would be "even" with me would be another Sentra, 323 Familia or Civic VTi (wala pa SiR then), but I would still beat most of them.

I have no idea about how my old car would compare to the current model of cars today though.

Since I'm driving an AE111 Corolla today I really did find the engine power kinda weak. But with some mods & some "technique" I could make the car go a bit faster (but still a bit slow for me). It would have been nice to have a 4AGE engine under my hood. ;)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
How does the exhaust system affect car performance?