New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Whenever i accelerate or pass through rough roads i hear this irritating "tok... tok" thingie sa front passenger door. Are these hinges or washers issue?

Any shops in banawe or where can i get good freelance banawe boys that can fix this issue?

Thanks!

OT: I joined tsikot last 1970???

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Try using grease in the hinges it works for me never use WD40 on those things because WD is heavy duty masyado luluwag at iingay anong car ba ito this happened to me before puede rin door alignment pero masyado matrabaho un

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    usually you need to replace the bushings of teh hinges (if meron yung car mo) or outright change the hinges...

some people naman (esp with older cars) add washers to close the "gap" between the hinge rod...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the help guys! I'll try to use grease first then have my doors checked.

Do you know any shops in banawe that do this kind of work?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Sa mga nag bobody repair na yan usually meron kasi kailangan ng latero in order to align the doors.Sa banaue meron yan mag tanong ka sa mga nakatambay dun tapos canvas ka mabuti Kasi ang kuwento sa aking ang bumper doors at fenders even the trunk and hood hindi pala basta basta sinasalpak lang may mga alignment pala yan sa mga factories eventually nawawala pag tumatagal

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    replace the whole hinge nalang if that's where it's comming from.

How do you get rid of "tok tok" sound sa front doors?