New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Update us po, if u find out the problem or cause.

Hi Kriskros,

My wife hasn't done anything yet but she'll soon replace the batteries...that's our best bet...i'll keep you guys posted. thanks for all your help.

city

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    let me ask city because i had a similar problem on my former 95 esi ...

does the check engine light (yellow engine icon) behave normally?

it is supposed to turn on when key is turned to ON position, stays on for a second or two, and then turn off, indicating that sensor(s) tests have passed and the main relay have been energized to supply power for fuel pump and injectors ... after the light turns off, the engine can be expected to start normally

if for some reason the main relay is not energized or faulty, the engine will not start because there will be no power for the fuel pump and/or the injectors ... there's actually 2 relays inside the main relay, one for pump and the other for injectors

the battery looks good because the starter cranks the engine normally ... afaik the electronic ignition of honda is pretty reliable that even an almost exhausted battery will cause ignition although the starter cranks slow (at least in my experience)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i doubt it's the battery

kinyo,

thanks for your post. Anyway, yes the engine icon is behaving normally just as what you describe. Without changing anything after the tune up, we tried to observe the car and it seems ok when you start the engine using the key. It starts in one click without pressing the pedal....but when we use the remote auto start..that's we get a hard start , 2 or 3 clicks....i'm not sure why this is happening considering the engine cranks strongly.

regards,

city

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Like i said earlier. I had the same problem with my car, almost 2 weeks ago. Engine crank was very very strong. since we replaced our starter not long ago. The battery wasnt the problem, bcuz we replaced it this yr as well. Our problem was the distributor cap, it was cracked. Sometimes it would start, sometimes it wouldnt, the reason why it would start n not start sometimes was because sometimes when i start, i was just starting when the distributor was distributing enough to get it started. so i was lucky to get it started at those times.

But, i also agree, not the battery. check the minor things b4 u spend money. Ur problem sounds very very very very familiar with my problem. No engine lights turn on, everything was ok, as if the engine was in perfect condition. Check the distibutor, take out the plugs, n take out the distributor, n look for cracks. But i do hope u dont spend any money u dont have to be spending on ur car, especially during Christmas season.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    nde ako techy... pero ngkaroon din ako ng hard starting problem sa sasakyan ko dati. i've got new batteries, kaya ruled out na batteries ang culprit. dinala ko sa shop tabi tabi, only to find out na ung relay ng alarm daw ang ngcaucause ng problem. dinirecta lang ung line. am really not sure... has something to do with the disabling feature ng alarm yata. malay mo tsumamba. yun lang po .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Honda Vtec Hard Starting problem