New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Need suggestions. I just bought a 2nd hand honda city 2000. It's kilometer reading is only 30,000. It is driven by a lady and seldom used. According to her everything is still original. Engine size is 1.5L and has manual transmission. It was changed oil last June and synthetic oil was used. Any suggestion kung anong mga kailangan ko ipacheck according sa kung anong dapat ko unahin..Thanks.. At kung may idea kayo around how much will it cost. Thank you in advance. This will be a great help for me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pangga View Post
    Need suggestions. I just bought a 2nd hand honda city 2000. It's kilometer reading is only 30,000. It is driven by a lady and seldom used. According to her everything is still original. Engine size is 1.5L and has manual transmission. It was changed oil last June and synthetic oil was used. Any suggestion kung anong mga kailangan ko ipacheck according sa kung anong dapat ko unahin..Thanks.. At kung may idea kayo around how much will it cost. Thank you in advance. This will be a great help for me.
    a) Manual Transmission Gear Oil - siguro mga 1.5k.
    b) Tires - baka kalbo na. depende sa size and brand.
    c) Shocks - Around 1.8k-2.5k each.
    d) Suspension bushings, tie rods and other suspension components
    e) Aircon

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    mga sir tanong ko lang kung ano ang pinag kaiba ng 2001 honda city type z exi sa lxi?cno sa dalawa ang mas mahal?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    a) Manual Transmission Gear Oil - siguro mga 1.5k.
    b) Tires - baka kalbo na. depende sa size and brand.
    c) Shocks - Around 1.8k-2.5k each.
    d) Suspension bushings, tie rods and other suspension components
    e) Aircon
    add mo din:
    f) check radiator hoses for cracks, buldges, leaks and other signs of damage
    g) replace coolant and overhual radiator if needed
    h) check belts for damage replace if needed
    i) check brake pads and brake drums kung ok pa thickness
    j) change brake fluid - best done every 2 years cause it absorbs water
    k) look for signs of fluid leaks

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    salamat sa replies nyo.. I'll have it checked this weekend..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Your disc pads are good up to 40T kms, more or less, that is assuming that it is still the original honda pads and under normal wear and tear. If you are going to replace them, I'd suggest you get the originals. You could also do your own basic check up of the car. Check the motor oil level, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and coolant level. Add if necessary. Before you add any fluids, check why is it low, is there a leak in the system? Also, check the prescribed specs of the fluids in the owner's manual. Check the tire pressure on all the tires including your spare tire. This would also be a good time to familiarize yourself on to how to get your spare tire out of the trunk. I think the recommended tire pressure is 27 psi, for the stock tires, while at it, you could also check the condition of the tires. For the regular PMS, you could check the owner's manual. Hope this helps.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    do the 40k pms for the car if it is 7 years old and with low milage pa.

all fluids
    tappets
    fuel filter
    air filter
    etc.

honda city 2000 type Z