New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malakas ba ang pssst?., right now I'm chipped boosting 20 psi leveling to 15 psi.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ko pa narinig ang HKS pero gusto mo ng dinig na dinig yung pssst sound niya ? If i were to get a BOV , kukunin ko ang turbo XS , moderate lang ang sound at ganda ng hissing sound niya .

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM619
    di ko pa narinig ang HKS pero gusto mo ng dinig na dinig yung pssst sound niya ? If i were to get a BOV , kukunin ko ang turbo XS , moderate lang ang sound at ganda ng hissing sound niya .
    turbo xs, ah yung merong parang trompa?. ok din yun or yung gfb hybrid
    . umorder na ako ng hks bov baka next week nandito na.

yung hks bov eh dual stage pull type relief valve

http://www.hksusa.com/products/more.asp?id=792

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    magkano inabot 1.8T ? Sequential ba ito ?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM619
    magkano inabot 1.8T ? Sequential ba ito ?
    HKS Super Sequential Blow-Off Valve (SSQV
    sale sila $309.99

eto yung turbo xs bov nila.$159.

eto naman yung gfb hybrid valve. $139 lang yata.
    http://www.newdimensions.com/new_products.html

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A lot of people here and in Asia say the HKS SQV is overpriced and offers no added benefits from other BOV's. Maganda lang. Typifies the Hong-Kong **** tag of HKS kasi panay pangalan lang daw binabayaran mo pero no noticeable added benefit whatsoever.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RS Sprint
    A lot of people here and in Asia say the HKS SQV is overpriced and offers no added benefits from other BOV's. Maganda lang. Typifies the Hong-Kong **** tag of HKS kasi panay pangalan lang daw binabayaran mo pero no noticeable added benefit whatsoever.
    wala naman talagang performance gains yung hks, it just function as a bov with a nice sound, unless yung adjustable bov ang kukunin mo, yung you can add some washers to hold the boost much longer before releasing it.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    what's the function of a blow-off valve? please explain naman what's this. palagi kong naririnig to eh...pero di ko alam kung ano.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A-Boy,

The turbo is like a fan blowing air into the intake / combustion chamber. When the throttle plate is closed walang pupuntahan yung blow air except back into the turbo that blew it in the first place.

You put a BOV para ilabas niya yung air into the atmosphere or in the intake tract before the turbo.

If the air goes back to the turbo the impeller stalls. This is bad for the turbo because it will get destroyed after some time.

1.8T,

That's my point exactly, why pay so much for something that doesn't offer any added benefit/s? You can get a cheaper BOV with the same performance as the SQV. In your case though you got it on sale so OK lang but for other people who plan on getting a BOV, they can get something cheaper but just as good.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in my case I just wanted to try and experience having a bov,...
    sa vw 1.8T kase eh dv(diverter valve) and nakalagay, the air is released back into the intake tract or something which is then metered by the maf, yung stock dv ng mga 2001 and 2000 model is not suficient and will eventually fail if you are chipped, pero yung 2002 is upgraded with the audi tt stock dv. yung stock psi ng 2000 & 2001 1.8T is 7-8 psi, when chipped eh 20 psi leveling to 16 psi, I just chipped my car and after going home from the tuner eh nag fail agad sya kaya I installed the bosch part dv na stock dv ng audi tt, ok sya can hold up to 2 bar pero as I've said try ko lang yung bov specific for the 1.8t, this type of bov have a recirc hose kaya some of the air expelled is returned back to the system para ma meter ng maf at hindi mag bigay ng cel(check engine light warning).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HKS blow off valve comments?