New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    nakalimutan ko businahan .. di tuloy gumalaw .. natamaan ko tuloy pader namin sa bahay while parking ... hehe ... (real story: i wasn't paying attention when i was parking .. ) ... anyways .. no major damage sa car but scraped the paint off our wall to the bumper .. what's the best way to take it off ? .. rubbing compound ? ...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try first with wax or kerosene before rubbing compound, matapang masyado yung rubbing compound and it will eat your clear coat.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    or you may also want to try to rub it with quick detailer. then apply wax.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa pagmamadali ko, nagdip ako ng basahan sa brake fluid reservoir, diluted it in water and used it to take the paint off ever so gently. And it worked! I just washed and waxed the area after.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    try something like 3M scratch remover but the thing is, you have to work it in to get lifted paint off. make sure to try something mild first before taking out the big guns (rubbing compound, wetsanding...)

or like what was said in an earlier post, kerosene would also do the trick. but do this ever so gently.

bear in mind to rewax the affected part afterwards.

BTW, are you sure you only had paint transfer and no damages on the ride?

try polishing it, but you may need a machine for best results, why don't you go to a professional detailer and have it assesed.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    dehadista: no damage to the ride .. may paint scartches and chips lang na galing sa pader .. when you say "work it in" .. you just mean vigorously rubbing it right ? ..

in anycase, i'll try the kerosene suggestion .. thanks guys ..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    yep.. put some passion behind it. and some patience too. BTW, take caution on this as it might cause some marring on the areas surrounding it.

get a quality cloth to do this with. microfiber perhaps?

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    walang hiya .. i tried waxing muna .. takot ako baka abrasive yung kerosene .. alam ko na feeling ni karate kid .. wax on wax off .. sumakit na yung braso ko .. pero ayaw matanggal yung iba .. so i tried kerosene .. tapos wax uli .. siguro tanggal mga 80-90% of the paint .. pero may 10-20% % na talagang ayaw matanggal .. feeling ko doon talaga yung tama dahil pati yung primer nung pader nasama .. susubok na ako ng rubbing compound .. any suggested brands ?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    bro, walang mangyayari kung wax lang ang ginagamit mo. lalo na kung pure wax lang yan. kung cleaner wax naman ang gamit mo, very minimal ang effect.

waxing per se doesn't correct defects.

tama yung kerosene route.. kahit scratch remover man lang oks na. after removing the defect, that's when you rewax the affected part.

hit a wall (sigh)