New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Hi,
    has anyone had this noise coming inside the cabin. It's like a sound of a styrofoam that's rubbing against an object. This is noticeable when the road is a bit rough.

I noticed this more when I had my car sound deadened.
    I even deadened the door panels and put a seal on the clips but the noise is still there.
    Car is only 4-month old and really bothered by the noise.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Do you have leatherette seatcovers installed? Could be your clothes rubbing on the seat thats causing the squeaks or the seatcover rubbing against the plastic body panels.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Do you have leatherette seatcovers installed? Could be your clothes rubbing on the seat thats causing the squeaks or the seatcover rubbing against the plastic body panels.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk
    I have a fabric seat covers though. The noise is persistent at the right rear passenger side.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Troubleshooting squeaks and rattles can be a pain in the *$$. Best way that worked for me is i ask a friend to drive the car around with me in the passenger seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Troubleshooting squeaks and rattles can be a pain in the *$$. Best way that worked for me is i ask a friend to drive the car around with me in the passenger seat.

yes indeed. i asked my friend to find where it is but he can't seem to hear it, also don't know how to drive so makes the situation harder.lol

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hahaha. Its quite dangerous to look for squeaks and rattles while you are driving.

Nagpa-deadening ka sa pinto?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    yep i did it last week.
    pero i think hindi dun ung cause e

8. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Xotigu View Post
    Hi,
    has anyone had this noise coming inside the cabin. It's like a sound of a styrofoam that's rubbing against an object. This is noticeable when the road is a bit rough.

I noticed this more when I had my car sound deadened.
    I even deadened the door panels and put a seal on the clips but the noise is still there.
    Car is only 4-month old and really bothered by the noise.
    Same, but I think the noise is coming from the dashboard, annoying squeaking styro sound. Baka ipacheck na lang kapag nilinis yung A/C.

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    May 2018
    possible ba un sa door rubber sidings?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Let's go back to the basics, ano ba ginawa mo change sa kotse before you heard that noise?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk