New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gurus, i have a VERY BIG PROBLEM, my car (1997 Nissan Sentra ST EFI m/t) won't start. I've gone to numerous mechanics pero lahat sila hindi nila man lang napastart ang kotse ko..Ang pinagtataka nila may kuryente at power ang kotse ko yet it doesnt cooperate. I even bought new battery and spark plugs (NGK).

Two days ago i was able to ask help from a certified Nissan Mechanic/Technician(active CASA technician)..the same diagnosis came out..Then he asked me to buy the following.

1. First he thought of replacing the IGINITION COIL. Of course i bought it (1.8K) and it started but for a short while only.
    2. Second, he then asked me to buy new FUEL PUMP since he said there wasnt enough pressure going in between. I bought that as well for 3.5K. He was able to start it again but for short period only.

After the two were replaced, i thought ok na, (ive spent more than 10K already for a no start scenario)...kaso mo hindi na naman mag start ang kotse! It crancked and crancked but it wont start..

He then turned his attention to the fuel injectors..Napansin niya na sabay sabay daw ang buga ng injectors (he told me dpat alternate un or 4122 something intervals)..Now sabi nya sira rin ang injectors ko.. OH MY!

Im arranging to have my car towed to a CASA tomorrow.

Now dear gurus, bakit po kaya ganun ang nangyari?? bakit it seemed from a no start scenario nagkapatong patong n problema ng kotse ko? Bakit hindi sya mag start? Meron be kayong naiisip n ibang problema?

baka there is someone there who is experiencing or have experienced the same problem. I only want my car to start. Guys give me ideas naman on this. Thanks po...

My last resort was the casa technician pero paranh nahihirapan rin sya? wats wrong? Any feedback from you guys will b very much appreciated..Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Bka Main relay chief?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm no mechanic, pero may firing order talaga ang injectors.

Diba trabaho ng distributor ito? Hindi ko lang sure kung distributorless type na ang sasakyan mo. Yung Sentra ng kapatid ko B14 SS A/T, meron pang distributor.

If the injectors were firing, then maybe they are ok. Baka yung nagcocontrol ng injectors ang problemado.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    try mo to chief it might help, same problem pero honda nga lang...
    http://techauto.te.funpic.org/

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    after market alarm or immobilizer?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ahhmmn..i checked with nissanbayan.com threads..i read somewhere na water temp related sensor ang posibleng problema..what yah think po..thanks

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    The first thing I recommend you do is to find a shop with an OBD II diagnostic scanner. OBD II means On Board Diagnostic 2. State of the art yang kotse mo, everything is computer controlled. Kung may fault ang isang sensor ma scan ng scanner.

Don't let them replace your injectors kasi some ECU's fire injectors simultaneous or sequential. No one knows the protocol.

When they diagnosed your car did they mentioned na flooded kaya namamatay. If flooded with spark or lean with spark most probably mass flow sensor and prob. Mass Flow sensor is sometimes called air flow sensor.

There are two types of flow sensor, with flap or with no flap. If you or a friend of yours is electronically inclined this is a good DYI project.

With Flap quick check. First remove air filter element and check if the flap is visible or at least can be pushed. If not then the whole box assembly should be removed. The filter box element is held up with (4) 10mm bolts attached to the flow sensor. Open and close the flap by pushing it. Hopefully na stock lang. Wag mag-alala walang fragile na parts dyan na madaling masira. FYI, the flap is connected to a potentiometer so there is really nothing to it.

In case your sensor have no flap there should be a black plastic cover on top of the sensor which can be opened. Though sensor with flap also have black plastic top. Sealed ang edges nito kaya kailangan i-cut and be carefull not to crack the plastic. After opening, there should be an upper and lower ckt board. The top ckt board is for the connector pins, and must be removed to access the bottom ckt board. The bottom ckt board is screwed on the housing syempe also need to be removed kasi ang soldering ay nasa ibaba. Resolder all the solderings and make sure nothing is neglected even if there is no sign of cold solder. Re-Seal ang cover ng sensor by using silicone around the edges to keep moisture out.

Let me know what is the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by strydent View Post
    Gurus, i have a VERY BIG PROBLEM, my car (1997 Nissan Sentra ST EFI m/t) won't start. I've gone to numerous mechanics pero lahat sila hindi nila man lang napastart ang kotse ko..Ang pinagtataka nila may kuryente at power ang kotse ko yet it doesnt cooperate. I even bought new battery and spark plugs (NGK).

Two days ago i was able to ask help from a certified Nissan Mechanic/Technician(active CASA technician)..the same diagnosis came out..Then he asked me to buy the following.

1. First he thought of replacing the IGINITION COIL. Of course i bought it (1.8K) and it started but for a short while only.
    2. Second, he then asked me to buy new FUEL PUMP since he said there wasnt enough pressure going in between. I bought that as well for 3.5K. He was able to start it again but for short period only.

After the two were replaced, i thought ok na, (ive spent more than 10K already for a no start scenario)...kaso mo hindi na naman mag start ang kotse! It crancked and crancked but it wont start..

He then turned his attention to the fuel injectors..Napansin niya na sabay sabay daw ang buga ng injectors (he told me dpat alternate un or 4122 something intervals)..Now sabi nya sira rin ang injectors ko.. OH MY!

Im arranging to have my car towed to a CASA tomorrow.

Now dear gurus, bakit po kaya ganun ang nangyari?? bakit it seemed from a no start scenario nagkapatong patong n problema ng kotse ko? Bakit hindi sya mag start? Meron be kayong naiisip n ibang problema?

baka there is someone there who is experiencing or have experienced the same problem. I only want my car to start. Guys give me ideas naman on this. Thanks po...

My last resort was the casa technician pero paranh nahihirapan rin sya? wats wrong? Any feedback from you guys will b very much appreciated..Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    dont let your money to buy a nonesense thing it wont help you out,,here i hope it will help you,i know that your car is computer controlled kaya ano man ang mga sudgestions nila wag ka kaagad kumagat,kaya punta ka muna sa shop na may obd2 and get the code if there is one,,i think but im not sure,the cause of that problem is a crankshaft position sensor,,try to check its connections,,or replace it,..

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    yes dapat mo nga pa scan para malaman mo kung ang mga sensors ay within their working ranges. you can rule out the crank sensor kasi meron ka sparks. coolant temp sensor naman if ever na sira or reading cold ay mag ca-cause sa ecm na habaan ang duration ng energize ng injectors kaya possible na mag flooding or ma choke ang engine. if ever naman na ang mga sensors ay within parameter ranges, my best bet is the timing belt slipped a tooth or two.

help sos!!!