New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I just bought a Mitsu Lancer EL 1994 when i noticed that the rubber hoses are disconnected to the carburetor and distributor. At idle speed, the engine runs fine. When i drove at high speed and floored the gas pedal, it stalls. It feels like someone is pulling you at the back. Its hard to overtake even on tricycles. I took my car to a mechanic but he just connected the rubber hoses where it fits and he adjusted the distributor in advance. It lessen the stall of the engine but sometimes it back fires. It losses it power and increases my fuel consumption. It consumes 8-9 km/l. Can anyone who have the same car model give me a wiring diagram of the rubber hoses of carb and distributor or send me pictures of your engine focussing at the rubber hoses connections. Thank you. Much appreciated!!!!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have you had it tuned-up?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Yup, Tuned up already. I have replaced spark plugs to bosch platinum, replaced the rotor inside the distributor, replaced high tension wire, changed oil, and overhauled the carburetor but the problem still exists. In doing all of this, no significant changes noted.

By the way, here's my e-mail address, annph22*yahoo.com. Thank for the reply............

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka wala na sa timing yan, have the ignition timing check sa gas station or talyer na may timing light.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, nagamitan na ba siya ng timing light?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    It could be that one of the hoses/tubes there is for the vacuum advancer for the distributor (spark advance for higher revs)... Kung wala yun, mawawalan ka talaga ng power on higher revs dahil naka-static ang timing mo across all rev range.

Have the hoses/tubes checked by somebody who is really familiar with your engine.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Yup, napacheck ko na sa shell yun timing, ok naman. I think the rubber hoses is the main problem. Wala kasi dito sa Cavite magaling sa mga ganitong engine. Yun isa nga mechanic suggest sa Banaue ko ipagawa. Anyway, Thanks sa mga suggestions........

I think its time for me to shift to Toyota. I have before a Corolla and got no problem in engine. Pero naka dalawa na ko Lancer na magkaibang year model pero hirap din ako sa pagpaayos. Di ko sure pero parang bihira dito sa Cavite ang magaling sa Lancer engine.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mukhang wala naman sa sasakyan ang problema, nasa gumagawa.

Just find a good mechanic. Ang Mercedes Benz, BMW, at Land Rover nga may matinong non-casa mechanics, Mitsubishi pa kaya?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    bring it to rey sarrol. mitsu mechanic yan from sanjuan.

Ray Sarol, 09209252290

Pinatino niya lancer itlog namin. goodluck sir. worth the trip yan.

Help: rubber tube connections for lancer el 94