New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    What will happen to the engine if its over boosted? What are the parts that will be damaged for over boosting? will 18 PSI of boost damage a stock 4g63T engine? Thanks for the info.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    damage? typically the engine cylinder gasket or the piston rings will give way. Parts damaged? Usually the piston head, cylinder walls, sometimes the engine block, valves, valve seats, cams, crankshaft, bearings, oil seals... and list goes on and on... :D

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    thanks ghosthunter!!! do you know a shop where i can bring my car for a check-up? i think i broke my engine. thanks agiain.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i think my friend who has an evo 3 engine is running that much boost, di pa naman sumabog makina nya.

andy

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    thanks for the info luckytruck! but i guess the reason why your friend's evo engine is still working is becuse the internal parts of the evo engine is different from the galant's VR4 engine. I want my engine to be checked because it use to run without any vibration and without any white smoke. that's the reason why i think it broken.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can try bring it to FUSION R located along E.Rodriguez Sr. Ave near corner to Balete Drv in QC (besides "BILYAR" billard hall).

tel: 724-3822
    look for ferman.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Help! Over Boost